Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anybody tell me where to get a copy of the 2nd edition rules???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
freddie christian
United States
yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Re:Where to get 2nd ed rules?
Lightstorm (#42603),
hello lightstorm, im a beginner player with blackbeard and had a lot of questions about the game. I bought my game on ebay and didnt know if it was 1st or 2nd edition. A blackbeard player gave me a sight to go to and see the new changes on 2nd edition. My rule book is the 2nd edition and had all the new corrections. The site is http://grognard.com/errata/blackbrd.txt
It will be under subject: Blackbeard 1st edition errata

hope this will help you, fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhfred1 (#42666),

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I have. Try to hunt down a copy of "The General" that has the solitaire game replay. I have it somewhere here at home... I don't know what the rules are for posting something like that here at BGG. Anyway, the replay gives alot of good ideas on how to play solitaire, as well as a few strategy hints. It really helped me to understand the game. I personally feel that Blackbeard is best as a solitaire game. You are constantly doing something, which makes it fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
freddie christian
United States
yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Lightstorm (#43025),
Thanks lightstorm i'll try to track down the general to get that replay. If I have any questions i'll ask you if its ok.
Did you ever get the 2nd edition rule book or check out the site? Hope so thanks again for the help.. fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhfred1 (#43033),

I haven't been able to track down the rules. I wish somebody would just post them here. I checked out the link... it would help if I had a copy of 1st ed. rules, but I don't.

You have the 1st ed rules, minus the errata? I have that General magazine. Maybe we could swap these, a win-win. Why don't you send me a direct message to my bgg mailbox and we could set up an exchange. OR, better yet, try to find out if we could post either thing here for everybody who is interested to read/use. (I just don't know what the rules for posting copyrighted materials are).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
freddie christian
United States
yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Lightstorm (#43076),
No, I have the 2nd edition rule book, if you like my wife could make a copy of it and mail it to you or fax it. I also have a copy of the rule changes by rule book number, there are 15 rule changes from 1st edition to 2nd edition. I could mail or fax this to you along with the complete copy of the 2nd editon rule book. I'm residing in Yuma Az about 5 miles west of California and 5 miles north of Mexico. Let me know and I'll send you the copies...Fred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhfred1 (#43433),

YES!!!!! How can I get you to fax it to me??? I'll be happy to fax the strategy article and series replay...

I will send you a private message through bgg. We can continue this conversation there!

YES!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightstorm (#42603),

I just uploaded a pdf file for the 2nd Edition rules (hasn't shown up on the page yet - I hope the fella above didn't fax yet). I recently acquired the game and also had tried to look at the rules before I purchased. At some point I may be able to get my hands on the "General" articles (four of them) and will try to upload them, unless someone else does it first. I've tried a few times to get copies of the articles and I always got the "buy it on e-bay" sorry I'm not willing to pay the high prices required to get that issue. It's one thing if the game and magazine were still in print. I'm just trying to learn how to play the darn game. Keep sharing the info.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian Sinclair (#43612),

THANKS!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle John
United States
Temperance
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody ever found those articles from the General? I would love to get a copy of them if anybody could email me a copy of them. I used to subscribe to the General, but of course quit getting it long before then. I've just started playing my nephew's copy of the game so that I can teach him in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.