Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there were six of us and Epic Duels had put us in the mindset for attacking each other, what better game could follow than I'm the Boss. I had been wanting to introduce this one for a long time, but I feel it should really be played with at least five, so it's just been lurking in the corner waiting for the opportune moment to pounce.

This is a game of almost pure negotiation. There's a little luck based on what cards you get and what deals are available to you, but for the most part this is all about the art of the deal. Or in this game, the war of the deal. The basic idea is that players represent families and negotiate in high profit deals. Unfortunately, through the play of cards other players can replace family members, put others on vacation, or take over control of the deal.

It takes a while to get used to (or establish) the rhythm of this game, and that's especially true when people have never played before. So after a few bumpy spots, everyone finally got into the groove. Yes, of course, there was brow-beating aplenty going on, but fortunately in this game that's the whole nature of it! Emotions ran high, there was pain and laughter, and maybe a few tears, all for the glory of the game.

Several times players had more than one permanent family member in front of them, but this certainly didn't slow others down. Paul was able to make $10 million dollars each in two deals in which he didn't even have family member. It pays to be the boss. In the end, it was Dan who came out the winner by playing slow and steady and trying to make sure he was part of every deal.

I may be a bit sketchy on the scores, but I think it was-- Players: Dan (W) 37, Peter 29, Paul 29, Steve 27, Lisa 26, Greg 21.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.