BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Trying to Find a Specific World War Two Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin London
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey all, I am throwing this question to you, the great lords and ladys of tabletop gaming in hopes of finding an answer. Some months I read an article about some upcoming boardgame set around the World War Two era. It was similar to the Hearts of Iron game series in that it starts shortly before the actual conflict and you can alter certain events i.e stopping Germany from falling to facism so there is some alternate history and poltical themes to it. I've tried googling it but to no avail and apparently I forgot to bookmark it. So hopefully someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might be thinking of Cataclysm: A Second World War.

Starts in 1933, you can make different choices than the real world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin London
United States
California
flag msg tools
Okay I think that is it! I was aware of Cataclysm but I didn't realize it was the one I was looking for thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Triumph & Tragedy. Starts well before the war, and maybe the war happens, maybe it doesn't, maybe it looks completely different.

And Absolute Victory, which is not quite a sandbox-y in terms of starting situation, but turns itself into a gargantuan branching tree of more specific what-ifs.

But since you said it was recently upcoming, you were probably thinking of Cataclysm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is Hearts of Iron: The Board Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls