Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Builder
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I had the most amazing game recently.

It was the very end of the third scene. There was only one obstacle left. It was the wrecked sensor bus. This obstacle does no damage. And it only has one damage level left. A single green icon is all that is required to defeat it. So it seems like an easy win.

Oh no. The Decker, the runner with the green damage cards has just been staggered. So now he has no cards. The decker draws one card on his turn. It is not a green!

The team can take no damage from the obstacle. The only thing that can hurt them is a crossfire card. A crossfire card is drawn. It heals the decker! Haha. Glorious. The decker draws some more cards, but no green damage icon!

Another crossfire card is drawn. It staggers the decker again! The decker discards his hand. On his turn the decker draws one card. It is not green!

Several more turns pass. The crossfire deck is 10 cards deep. All crossfire cards now resolve their most severe effects. All kinds of crazy things are happening. But as long as the event cards do not damage the runners, the game is not over.

So one runner has 1 hp and one runner is staggered. The only remaining obstacle does no damage. The crossfire discard has 15 cards in it. The staggered decker needs to draw a green card on his one card draw per turn. If an event card causes any damage first, the run will fail.

What will happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
Interesting scenario. I'm assuming your standing runner is a Social Adept with no Marks in their deck and not enough cash to buy in green damage from the Black Market.

I'm amazed with 15 Crossfire cards (minus however many you had when this happened) you haven't had something that would either directly cause you damage or give the Sensor Bus +1 damage. Maybe that's just my bad draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls