Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Webster
United States
Littleton
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I've noted about MoV: there are definite stages to the play. At first, everyone is flying around, trying to get the IOUs from the cultures and trying to figure out the best "trade routes" for their ships. During this stage, factories are built (since victory conditions include money AND factories and ports/stations) so that the builder can get a discount on factory goods. Once the cultures are all found, the transition stage occurs, where mostly folks are just trading, but don't really have the cash to upgrade or build stations. The final stage has almost everyone in an upgraded ship, and everyone is trying to build a station, both to get that 10% discount on everything and to trade faster than the next guy. Thus, players need a fluid strategy to keep ahead of the bow wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:The game plays in stages!
gary_webster (#42895),

My favorite part of the game was the discovery phase, finding the optimum 3 legged trade routes. Later on the decision between speed and cargo capacity seemed to be the biggest strategy differences. Good or bad die roll luck could justify or cripple either one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.