United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related point, would non-humorous 'photoshopped' items be submitted here as well? For example:

are neither humorous nor document information about the game yet some people seem to enjoy seeing them given the thumb counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something this particularly specific would be unnecessary if some kind of more general division along the lines of "art gallery" versus "game gallery" was implemented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Dvorkin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan of this idea. Since others seem to be on board, I hope you won't object to one dissenting opinion.

What makes a lot of these pictures funny is their context. That is, the picture is funny precisely because of the gallery it's in. If the cookie picture and the sheep picture had been lumped together in one "humor gallery" along with everything else, they'd just be two random pictures. But when I specifically open up the Dvonn gallery and suddenly see cookies -- now that is surprising, and funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What needs to be implemented first is the ability to filter out certain categories from the gallery view. I'd really like to be able to hide customized and, if implemented, miscellaneous humor images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
Would A "Miscellaneous Humour" Entry Help?

It might help the humorless.
Not only that, but it could direct these folks to where an "example" of it were displayed, so they would LEARN of what that consists with as well.
"their 'funny-bone' is connected to their... 'head-bone'... their 'head-bone' is stuck UP inside of their... 'butt-bone'!..." should we "pry" into such, since that 'funny-bone' would surely help matters?
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrChek wrote:
What needs to be implemented first is the ability to filter out certain categories from the gallery view. I'd really like to be able to hide customized and, if implemented, miscellaneous humor images.

I like the idea of a new Category for Humor better and it would also be nice if the Image submitter could set the category (I know this can be done while moding, but the submitter being able to select Customized and/or Humor would be good since the Moder may not know the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some categories that might help:

Game Mashups
Art -- Legal Gameplay
Art -- Game as material only
Custom components -- enforced as part of the geekmod process
Humor -- Legal Gameplay
Humor -- Game as material only
Pure product shot (whether it's box lid, components, etc.)

Some kind of tagging and categorization as part of the geekmod process, maybe .001 GG for each suggested tag that gets applied, and the ability to filter images by category, would do more for the system than anything else.

We can filter game forum posts by Rules, Reviews, Sessions, etc., filtering images seems like a logical next step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.