United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be getting this game soon along with the first two expansions. I was looking at all the files for it here on BGG and I remember reading a while back someone talking about there were some great must have files on BGG for it. I was wondering which files here on BGG folks experienced with the game would recommend as the most useful in the long run?

Also what scenario would folks recommend to play first? I'll be playing this with experienced boardgamers so no need to step gently into the shallow end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
"Into the dark" is a great introductory scenario. I printed out a couple copies of a hero reference sheet and the players said it was very helpful. I also printed out an overlord sheet for myself. Be sure to read the errata on the FAQ posted on the FFG website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say prolly the rules summary from Universal Head is about all you need. Play the base game, no treachery cards, no house rules. Once your group is comfy and up to speed you can possibly add in the treachery. I wouldn't even look sideways at house rules until you have a good 5 or 6 maps under your collective belts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Universal Head's sheets rule. Use them for sure.

Keep in mind, also, that the first couple of games will be filled with rules questions, rulebook checking, and probabaly a tough time for the OL.
DONT let it get you down; stick with it and you will be greatly rewarded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a really nice flow chart. It is listed in the files, but I forget which one. I is about 4 four pages long and in color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Universal Head's sheets rule. Use them for sure.

Keep in mind, also, that the first couple of games will be filled with rules questions, rulebook checking, and probabaly a tough time for the OL.
DONT let it get you down; stick with it and you will be greatly rewarded!

That's about how long it took for us to get comfy with Fury of Dracula and Arkham Horror. Fantasy Flight's games are really catching on with my grognard group. We play Arkham Horror, Fury of Dracula and Britannia. They're not just good looking games but really top notch strategy games with some really good depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.