Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
A linen finish doesn't necessarily mean that the cards will last longer than with a flat finish. However, and though I've not yet played with them, it seems likely that the cards from the US edition will be of an inferior quality, since cards printed in the US never have the same quality as those printed in Europe - the one and only exception so far being Bee linen poker decks.
However, and whatever the edition you have, I always recommend to use deck protectors for the Citadels character cards, which are shuffled and manipulated so often during the game that, whatever their printing and cardboard quality, they always tend to wear off. No problem with district cards, which are not manipulated so often in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van Hardenberg
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:General Comment
bruno faidutti (#2435),

My friend Kert solved this problem for us very elegantly -- keep the character cards on top of the box, and put the box in the middle during play.

We have only used this technique for Verrater and Meuterer, but I suspect Citadels will work just as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bandit Ripshawd
United States
Sioux Center
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Another thing to consider with the cards is that I find it is sometimes hard to place cards under the deck when discarding district cards. We thought of just using a discard pile, but that gave out too much information about the strategy in player's hands. So, we just placed a small custard dish under the district card pile which made it easier to pick up and didn't ruin the cards on the bottom of the pile.

Bandit Ripshawd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bates
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
Just to get technical, using the custard-dish trick would result in your discards being in the wrong order, since the latest discard would be put on top of the others, when it should be underneath them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
The VIdiot (#18451),

Actually, I think the idea was just that picking up the deck to place the districts under it was difficult, the dish makes it easier to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.