Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Saxon
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a Talisman tournament once a year and we play with alot of the custom expansions. We usually max out at five, and the first one's that come into play are the one's that we use.

The one's that I think are pretty cool:

Desert
Forest Vale
Mountain Pass
Black's Tavern (this one might be my favorite w/ Mystic Brews)
Far Outer Region

These I don't care for so much:

Rome
Vampire's Keep
Village

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Tsav
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
devil

If you go to the talisman Island website you will find many, many expansions.

Some add extra boards some just add extra cards.

For me the best are, (I'm excluding any of mine as I woudl be a bit biased)
The Pyramid of Kulkencamun
Faerieland
Vampire’s Keep

Its also worth addding in all the various alternative endings that are out there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My picks are

1. Mystic Brew
2. Faerieland
3. Pyramid of Kulkencamun, The

-Douglas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have decided to try some expansions. however, I was not interested in any that added to the normal decks, new decks were fine.

I downloaded all that made these requirements and have looked at them in-depth but haven't played any yet.

These are the ones I think look very good and plan on printing them and adding them to the game:

Blacks Tavern
Sewer and its expansion
Village the one by Carsten Both
Wizards Tower
Talisman places

Talisman Places looks the most interesting and fun, very excited to implement this!

The Village, Sewer, and Blacks Tavern also all look great, hard to say which stands out w/o actually playing them, however I am a huge City fan, so the Sewers and Village look great to expand the City feel.

The Wizards Tower looks like an interesting board change.

I really was hoping to find a Wizards Tower expansion board separate from the game. While this one looks nice, its an area replacement, not what I was looking for, tho it looks good. there may have been one I did see, but I think it added to the adventure deck, which I do not wanna do. I may have to create my own, we'll see...

There were 3 other expansions which I put into my maybe category.

Dragonland
Warlocks maze
Polish Cave Translation

Of these 3, Warlocks Maze looks the more interesting.

There were 5 other expansions I found which met my requirements, but do not look interesting. I don't wanna offend the creators, so I won't mention them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded and even made a deck out of Black's Tavern, I failed to realize or remember when looking thru them that other cards are required to play but are not discussed or given. I am not talking about mystic brew either. The cards discuss saddle bags & a noble card, yet none are given nor explained, does anyone know what these are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
I downloaded and even made a deck out of Black's Tavern, I failed to realize or remember when looking thru them that other cards are required to play but are not discussed or given. I am not talking about mystic brew either. The cards discuss saddle bags & a noble card, yet none are given nor explained, does anyone know what these are?

Well, the Noble is from Talisman City, I believe. I am not at home, but doesn't he have something to do with one of the master-level characters introduced in The City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelif wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

Well, the Noble is from Talisman City, I believe. I am not at home, but doesn't he have something to do with one of the master-level characters introduced in The City?

Found and posted the answer here awhile back:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1113188/blacks-tavern

DomaGB wrote:
Finally found out the expansions that can be used with Black's Tavern: Noblemen and the Equestrian Set. I cannot speak on the quality or nature of these expansions. Perhaps in a few months I will look into these and make some more Artscow decks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Both
msg tools
I like also the Sea Realm cards which can be added quiet easy in some adventure cards like the event "flood".
The Nobleman is a separate idea to get some small benefits to be a noble *make a good feeling*
Also sam Wallace make a lot of good looking cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.