Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to http://www.asmodee-us.com there is a new edition of Formula Dé coming out next year.

edit: Unfortunately that's about all there is to the announcement. No details at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am more interested in TRACKS....I have a lot of them....but stopped about the time they came out with the thinner boards....i think the last ones I picked up were the USA pack.........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the maps will be compatable with the current one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Did anyone not see this coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut and pasted from the above web page:

Be warned though, this offer is limited as this is our final reprint!
There will be no more tracks reprints or any new edition of the game!

So I guess that they are making a post final reprint edition? How annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
greenpawn wrote:
Cut and pasted from the above web page:

Be warned though, this offer is limited as this is our final reprint!
There will be no more tracks reprints or any new edition of the game!

So I guess that they are making a post final reprint edition? How annoying.

I had just read that a couple weeks ago too... It sounds like this will be a new version of the game (not just a reprint), but there are basically no details at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
It sounds like this will be a new version of the game (not just a reprint), but there are basically no details at all.

I have a few details that I can't share, but I can confirm that it is a new edition. As I get information (and permission to share), I'll pass it along.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They'd hinted at this on BGN.com a week or two ago in one of the ask the editor columns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Duckman
Netherlands
Groenlo
GLD
flag msg tools
mbmb
How can they not reprint any tracks?? I mean, there must at least be 'some' market for this if they reprint the original game... add to that all the owners of the original who need more tracks (like me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I took a shot at emailing them about it, and got two very quick replies...

First:
"All I can tell you is too keep your self posted to our website. Everything will be posted on there as the date of its release draws closer."

Then ten minutes later:
"I was just informed that the old tracks will be compatible with this new board. And there will be new tracks coming as well. For the rest keep posted, in about a week or two we might have something new."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game and Mini, extra dice and pewter minis and 30 something tracks, and they want to re-do the game, but our "old" tracks will be compatible with the new "board"? The old tracks WERE the board, this annoys me. I would like to see new tracks, but a new different edition? I guess that the several hundred dollars worth of components isn't enough for this game. All this after re-releasing the base game only and stating that they would definately NOT re-release tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This seems odd to me. Too fast. The reprint is only a few months old and they are bringing out a new version? I think the big question is what are they going to change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:
This seems odd to me. Too fast. The reprint is only a few months old and they are bringing out a new version?

It's been almost a year, and the reprint sold out completely in pre-order.

Quote:
I think the big question is what are they going to change?

Every change will alienate X fans and create Y new ones, so I'm curious as to how well fans will accept the changes.

I've got the old (pre-reprint) version and enough tracks to keep me amused on the off chance I don't like the new one (although I suspect I'll like it).

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My dillema is: do I put the original on my wishlist and/or try to buy a copy now before the reprint sells out, or do I hold off until the new game comes out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
My dillema is: do I put the original on my wishlist and/or try to buy a copy now before the reprint sells out, or do I hold off until the new game comes out...

I spoke to a rep last winter when they released the 2007 reprint. When I asked about reprints of the track maps he said it was an issue with the original art and moulds being lost or difficult to obtain. They apparently had a heck of a time getting all the assets for the base game reprint. Perhaps they recovered some of the board art, or perhaps they decided since they could not recover it, they would re-design the boards "look and feel"? This is of course, also just rumour and conjecture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:

Well there are several copies of the "final" reprint at my FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:

A new edition doesn't make the old edition unplayable.

I laminated ten of each of the race sheets, and we use a dry erase marker to track damage during races - that way, we'll never run out of race sheets.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Zorn
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I emailed Asmodee today to see if they could shed anymore light on the press release in October, please see their response below:

As the statement says it will be a new Edition.
There will be new tracks.
As for the release day just stay posted to our website.
I am sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.
Sincerely,

N. Gabriela Meza
Asmodee Editions LLC
www.asmodee-us.com

With Formula 1 adding several new tracks in the next few years, I hope they keep up with them. Currently they don't have the track in Turkey or the new tracks for the 2008 season in Valencia and Singapore. 2009 will see Abu Dhabi added to the calendar and 2010 has Korea and India joining the Formula 1 circuits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.