Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
The FFP 2020 seminar apparently announced new, plastic sculpts for the Wild West Core Set Heroes. I am trying to get confirmation if it is just the 8 core set figs, or if they are doing all the western heroes at once.

Trait pack 3 (Stranglers, Night Terrors, and Tentacles)
Mutations (a sprue of tentacles, tails, void children, etc, you may add to existing heroes)
Scafford Gang supplement 1 (full enemy sheets for Sgt Bunker and Jeb Scafford, plus new Threat cards for them, blending in the rest of the gang, including the DS Brutes). also comes with two gear cards: a brace of dark stone pistols, and old keys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Apparently not just the core set heroes, but also the enemies. The Facebook group has pictures of new goliath, harbinger, zombies, and others, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also looks like the heroes will have some ability to be varied. The pictures show the bandito with either dynamite or a gun in his left hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Resin alt genders of the 8 core set heroes also being redone in plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
And I was almost done painting the 19 old west classes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
ScottE wrote:
And I was almost done painting the 19 old west classes...
I just sent a text to the guy I have painting minis telling him to not bother with the zombies.

It will probably be a while before they are out. I imagine they will have them at GenCon, no before.

I am waiting for permission from the person who took photos to post them up here. Keep an eye out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a Facebook account but went up there to the FFP page and did not see any photos of the monsters. So I assume this is a fan's instead. Facebook hates you if you aren't a user! soblue

EDIT- The harbinger is the only mini I haven't painted yet from the original core sets. So for me, I probably won't bother getting the new sculpts. With hundreds of minis to paint, repainting old ones doesn't seem like a good use of my time. I might consider repainting a few of the original heroes since their paint jobs are pretty bad. Depends how much they charge for the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, let's see if this works (BGG makes it so hard to show off new pictures)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Bernard
Canada
Levis
Quebec
flag msg tools
Not a big difference on enemies but wow the heroes are so much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goliath and Harbinger are pretty negligible in terms of differences that I can see. The renders look sharper, but I wish they'd gone and totally resculpted them in different poses. I guess the scenic base is a nice touch.
But man, those heroes all getting redone in plastic- awesome! I've got all my resin ones painted, but will happily set them aside for newer sculpts.
Worst case the resins will get recycled into skirmish games like Dracula's America where I'm sure I can still find use for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, what a difference. The non humanoids aren't probably worth the effort to repaint. But certainly the heroes are a substantial improvement. The undead are a big step up too but don't really want to repaint those. So will most likely purchase the heroes and slowly repaint those between other things.

I can always use the old versions as townies for town board adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lewis
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Troy, there was also the Shikarri Nomad plastics for sale. They are human survivors in the Wastelands.

Shown at the previews was the Serpent King on Ptetodactyl. I got to hold it and it is awesome! Also at the show were Tredderan Librarian (w three optional arms), Trederrans variants, Conquistadors, and several other items. I also got photos of the Adventures with some of the beta prints of things like gremikens. Lots of good stuff at the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
Canada
Otterburn Park
Quebec
flag msg tools
How are these being sold? Are the core boxes being updated? (SoD has been OOP for ages).

If this is all web store exclusive stuff than I'm not interested at all. Their prices and shipping costs there prevent me from buying anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
From the dark depths of the ancient ocean, a kindly cetacean spirit with a penchant for board games and dumb made up bios
badge
I like themes. I like stories. I like plastic. I like brutal co-ops. I am kickstarter's whipping boy. Come game with me!
mbmbmbmbmb
DistantOasis wrote:
Resin alt genders of the 8 core set heroes also being redone in plastic.
Awesome - mine are mostly in the bin or can't be bothered pile - too many broken bits and impossible to stick tiny joins.

It's the biggest niggle about my Brimstone collection, can't wait for a chance to fix the hero minis up in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dverning wrote:
Troy, there was also the Shikarri Nomad plastics for sale. They are human survivors in the Wastelands.

Shown at the previews was the Serpent King on Ptetodactyl. I got to hold it and it is awesome! Also at the show were Tredderan Librarian (w three optional arms), Trederrans variants, Conquistadors, and several other items. I also got photos of the Adventures with some of the beta prints of things like gremikens. Lots of good stuff at the show.
Just to to be clear, the Shikarri Nomads are humanoid, alien crusaders against Dark Stone who can be found in every world, not just the Blasted Wastes, and the Librarian is of Targa, not Trederra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lewis
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catches. I was tired and posting on my cellphone... Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jasper
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think those boots on the lady gunfighter are the dumbest damn things. *eye roll* But at least they’ve cleaned up the hat on the saloon girl. It looks like a hat instead of a cow plop on her head. And nice to see more definition in the goliath. I think I may need a second one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I imagine a lot of people (including myself) will probably end up buying the core sets again to get these new miniatures (or buy them seperately if they make them available), you are going to have multiples of miniatures you probably are not going to use, so I think it would be really great if they could do a Epic Threat card pack that made use of the extra multiples, for example a card with Two Harbingers, or a dozen Stranglers, or a Zombie Horde of up to 24 Hungry Dead etc.

Speaking of Revised core sets (assuming that is what they intend to do), I hope they take the time to include an updated rulebook, and revised cards, hero sheets, town sheets to include all known errata and clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if you could get the creatures referenced in FoFo/Other expansions (along with cards etc) without having to buy a full set . I'm not that interested in getting the Old West sets (nothing against the Old West, but a friend has that so, feels like there's no need to duplicate). But my Spider queen could do with some spiders and my Belly of the Beast could do with some bats and spiders again.
It's not like bats and spiders are particularly Old West specific anyway.

If they do new Old West sets I'm not sure if I hope it's new edition or just updated minis and updated rulebook.
I mean having a few things like integrated trait cards and/or a little rebalancing of the core monsters/characters would be nice, but it also feels like pressure to get people to rebuy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am almost certain that we will be able to buy the new minis separately, without having to buy new core sets.

I also suspect they are just going to swap out the sprues. I doubt anything else in the core sets will change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DistantOasis wrote:
I am almost certain that we will be able to buy the new minis separately, without having to buy new core sets.

I also suspect they are just going to swap out the sprues. I doubt anything else in the core sets will change.
I'm guessing this too. With thousands of players with the original core sets, I don't think many would want to rebuy them all again. They'll make a fortune selling those new sculpts separately on their website. I'm guessing their website sales make up a lot of their income since they always release content early there and have so many exclusives. I noticed they have the alt gender FF minis and I don't think they are available at retail.

I would like to see a revised rulebook. If they are reprinting, it would make sense to revise it to the FAQ version. And it would be very nice if they offered it for sale separately too.

We can always dream!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem with buying just the miniatures I can see, is that if it's a webstore only thing, then for non-US customers it will probably work out cheaper to buy the core sets again anyway, than pay the webstore price plus shipping, and customs fees etc.

Also if they are just going to swop out the miniatures and keep everything else the same, then it seems a wasted opportunity if you ask me. They don't need to do a whole new edition, just an updated rulebook and corrected errata will be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Angel wrote:
The only problem with buying just the miniatures I can see, is that if it's a webstore only thing, then for non-US customers it will probably work out cheaper to buy the core sets again anyway, than pay the webstore price plus shipping, and customs fees etc.

Also if they are just going to swop out the miniatures and keep everything else the same, then it seems a wasted opportunity if you ask me. They don't need to do a whole new edition, just an updated rulebook and corrected errata will be enough.
I totally agree. I've heard their international shipping is insane. But, I have personal experience shipping stuff out of the US and it is crazy expensive. The only reason KS shipments are more reasonable is they use bulk shipping companies. When you are sending individual packages it can cost over $100 for even a small box to go to the EU. It's just stupid. As an example, we did a Kickstarter a few years ago and the shipping company made a mistake on part of the EU distribution and we had to send out about a hundred boxes on our dime. Each one cost between $75-$125 for a $40 game. Ouch!

I can imagine the core boxes would be cheaper since they bulk ship those around the world unlike the web sales that are to individuals. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they can include the updated miniatures as an optional add-on in the Brimstone Adventures kickstarter, then at least we could get them from the hubs and get friendly shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls