Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Duisburg to Essen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
Does anyone know what is the best way to go from Duisburg to Spiel Essen every day of the convention and how much does it cost?

I've searched on the internet and found that flix train is quite cheap but it doesn't arrive to Essen everyday before 9am as I would need to be there to help presenting a game also there is no late train back.

Any information is helpful,,
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There a several trains you can take. If you're alone, a 7-days-ticket might be your best choice, it costs 41,65€. But only available online.

If put some info together in my Trainpool-GeekList.

And there are some infos on construction issues in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schouteeten
Belgium
flag msg tools
I'm gonna stay in Duisburg (near the station) thursday till saturday and going to the fair on thursday itself and Friday. Should i just buy single tickets for public transport and how much does it cost? we are with the two of us.
Would it be cheaper with the 7 days ticket?
It is not an easy site and it is all german.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lexibius wrote:
I'm gonna stay in Duisburg (near the station) thursday till saturday and going to the fair on thursday itself and Friday. Should i just buy single tickets for public transport and how much does it cost? we are with the two of us.

On the Trainpool-GeekList I've posted a price list. In your case a 48hour ticket for 2 persons should be best. It's 35€ total and literally is valid for 48 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Medvinskiy
United States
Folcroft
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lexibius wrote:
You will need a "B" ticket. It costs 6 EUR and is valid for 120 minutes from activation for all types of transport. You can buy tickets in ticket machines which have EN/DE/FR interface. Be careful - by default machine activates the ticket the moment you buy it. If you want to buy tickets for future use, be sure to choose "no activation".
But as Rucus says - 48 hours ticket for 2 persons will be cheapest. Individual tickets will cost you 6EUR x2 persons x2 days x2 there and back = 48 EUR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The single "B" (it's roughly said the legitimate range) tickets would cost 48€ for 2 persons and 2 days. A "B" 48hour ticket only 35€.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schouteeten
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks everybody!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
30 km from Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, depending on where you buy a ticket and the type it needs to be stamped. There are yellow (usually) boxes for that. If you're not sure, you could ask at the info point at the station. And usually most people might help, if they're not in a hurry to catch their train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Info
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Also check your hotel reservation. I'm staying at the Intercity hotel in Duisburg and it includes a free VRR ticket for the duration of the stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schouteeten
Belgium
flag msg tools
I am staying at the same hotel . I will check it out.
Edit: Not seeing anything on my booking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Info
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
You'll find it on the hotel's website

https://www.intercityhotel.com/en/hotels/all-hotels/germany/...

Just below the map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Rest
msg tools
Driving from Duisburg to Essen each day (except Saturday), located in the South of Duisburg. If you grab the S1 (direction Solingen) I can pick you up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Anderson
Germany
flag msg tools
Are you from Duisburg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Anderson
Germany
flag msg tools
Khoradim wrote:
Driving from Duisburg to Essen each day (except Saturday), located in the South of Duisburg. If you grab the S1 (direction Solingen) I can pick you up.

How many seats do you have available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schouteeten
Belgium
flag msg tools
Indeed! Looks promising. Hopefully it gets us to the con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls