Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play Settlers a lot....it seems every time we get together, we play Settlers. Sometimes, one person wants to play one of these "Adult Party Games", but most of the time it's Settlers.

So I am wondering...will we like this game? Should I get it to play with my once-per-month boardgaming friends?

I also have Domaine, and Ticket to Ride, and Web of Power on the way (German e-bay), which are still untested, but this one intrigues me the most.

Also, being a German....how is the German side of the board? I guess I'll check some German sites to see a picture of it.

???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Is it a good
How come every now and then my header is cut-off after submittin ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noaceyet (#43226),

I've enjoyed this game. I can't predict whether you and your group will like it, but everyone I've played it with enjoys it.

It's a little more complicated than Settlers, so the rules might take some getting used to... especially if everybody involved is playing for the first time.

But once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. The process actually isn't too difficult, and there are several great mechanics in the game.

As for your other question, I've only played on the American board so far. Maybe someone else here can comment on the German board.

~Gil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The american board is like the 'easy' version of the game. The german board is like the 'advanced' version...it is less forgiving to mistakes, since it is on average more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikhil Perumbeti
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
Noaceyet (#43226),

I'm like you in that all my friends and I played for about 6 months was Settlers. It is a wonderful game, but we were looking for something else to break up the monotony. Power Grid is an excellent game. It is not really comparable to Settlers in any way, other than the fact that you have little wooden houses. There are some other vague similarities, but they are not even worth mentioning. If you only game once per month, you may want to reconsider, becuase Power Grid will require a lot of plays to get any resemblance of a sound strategy. My friends and I now love power grid. There is a hell of a lot more to think about than in settlers. In settlers, the game can be won or lost with your initial placements, while Power Grid requires constant re-strategizing (is that a word) throughout the game. One suggestion: read the rules CAREFULLY before you meet to play. You'll waste a lot of time reading the rules with the whole group there.

On another note, Ticket to Ride is also one of my favorites. It is EXTREMELY simple while still maintaining a lot of depth. It's hard for anyone not to like this game.

Hope this helps, and I'm sure some people will disagree with me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.