Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarraCash (Aunesto, Ash, Michael, other Michael)

I introduced the others to MarraCash (I was hoping to try its sequel, though). Everyone except possible the other Michael made a profit, so they did quite better than most first-time players. I think that a number of times they paid too much for shops (I think that I only opened three shops as a result). Overall rankings: Michael (4675), Ash, Aunesto, other Michael. My experience was a bit of an unfair advantage. I really like this game and it would be great if less-experience players practiced up together.

Yellow shops: The other Michael's shop that I auctioned at the beginning often does better. He left yellow guys sitting around waiting for me to put them in his shop (#4 and #5 guys) early in the game. Putting those guys in the shop would have been okay, but there were big clumps of yellow in the queue and I planned on driving lots of people in that direction because of my Green and Purple shops at the bottom of the board. Aunesto's first yellow shop at the bottom of the board has a problem because its easiest supply of yellow tourists can be blocked off with the corner yellow shop. I was going to auction that shop, but instead I moved the yellow guys that Michael wanted towards the middle yellow shop and auctioned it. Aunesto got it too, to my surprise, but at least it was possible to split the right-hand influx of yellow customers between two shops so that it took longer to max out at $500 per customer. Also, many $100 per customer commissions were made so he didn't do too well compared to his initial outlay. (Aunesto spent a lot on each shop and was a semi-monopoly in his area so not too many people were directed his way other than the yellows, hence the lower score.)

Red shop at the top: The other Michael opened this shop and probably broke even on it. There was no action at the top of the board because he didn't auction any of the shops near to it. This area can be almost as good as the bottom of the board and could have moved people towards his yellow shop.

Supershops at the bottom entrance. Ash and I both got two really good shops there. The other Michael wasn't totally cut out of the action, but he didn't get nearly enough customers to his yellow shop. This area probably needs to be divided 1-1-1-2 amongst the players (with the 2 getting the yellow shop) for fairness or the shops to the right of the entrance need to be auctioned early. I did move 2 red + 3 blue customers headed for shops away. He didn't get the red customers, but since I changed my mind about auctioning the blue shop near the place where I left the customers, Ash just moved the blue guys into his shop with two actions.

Player order can be important in this game. If you move people that are intended for your shop and an empty one (but require two moves to get there) then you can auction the shop to the person to your left and have him finish moving the customers. This trades an auction kickback for a mover kickback, decreases the other player's cash and sets you up for most customers due to common interest. Similarly, you want the person to your right to be offering similar gifts to you. Note that Ash was to my left and we held four of the bottom entrance shops between us, giving us a lot of cash. The fifth shop there was the other Michael's, who was to my right; this is messed up because Ash and I had no incentive to move his customers into his shop because ours would have already entered shops. Aunesto or Ash would have done better with that shop. Michael's best hope (using a single move instead of two) would have been moving the customer clusters along the left side of the board so that the group would be pulled next under the blue shop. Unfortunately, the replacement customers wouldn't get pulled the way and he wouldn't get any kickbacks ... unless the shops on the left side were auctioned.

I think that this time people saw the advantage of moving people off of two entrance fountains during a turn. This gives you a lot of control over which customers will enter, especially if you and the player to your left have shops near an entrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re:Session Report
mlvanbie (#43322), What sequel do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
rplea (#43524),

Bazar der elden Steine. I hope to provide useful information about it in the next few days.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/11335

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.