Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, today Through the Ages broke into the Top 50 games on the Geek. It managed to do that before the more readily available FRED edition came out, which is hugely impressive. I also see that its average rating is just a hair behind that of Puerto Rico's(!) and that among games with at least 300 ratings, these two are well ahead of the rest. Congratulations! Now let's see how high we can get this ranked once there are actually enough games available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be interesting to see where this settles. I still think that a lot of people are rating the game on the advanced rather than expert rules which IMO provide a more euro style game with better long term goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a definite buy for me - unless Secret Santa is listening. But then so too is 1960: The Making of the President, and just look at the average rating for that game: 8.62 - well ahead of Puerto Rico and Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization. It's going to be a big fight at the end of the year for those top places...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
Well, today Through the Ages broke into the Top 50 games on the Geek. It managed to do that before the more readily available FRED edition came out, which is hugely impressive. I also see that its average rating is just a hair behind that of Puerto Rico's(!) and that among games with at least 300 ratings, these two are well ahead of the rest. Congratulations! Now let's see how high we can get this ranked once there are actually enough games available!

Woooohooooo! Cheers to that! I'm wonderring if there's any other game which made it to top 50 with just 500 copy print run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
This is a definite buy for me - unless Secret Santa is listening. But then so too is 1960: The Making of the President, and just look at the average rating for that game: 8.62 - well ahead of Puerto Rico and Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization. It's going to be a big fight at the end of the year for those top places...

I'd bet rather on Agricola. I know it has 'just' 50 ratings or so, but it's average just few cents bellow 9.0 is scary indeed. Imagine this game is printed in understandable language (sorry, my German friends ). If I could take one bet on a game which could beat PR I'd point at Agricola, even though it's way too soon to say something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that there were a thousand copies of Agricola printed - at least that is the number I heard at Essen.

I look forward to playing it this weekend.

And Through the Ages is my #1 game at the present - and most played game this year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Hughes
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone who knows more than I stated 5000 copies of Agricola were printed but the first 1000 were already sold out. The remaining are being shipped out now I believe. I can't find the thread where this was stated though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.