Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenzo Mele
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Playing this game I found quite difficult replicate the staggering losses Russian had in 1915. My impression is that russian is more than able to keep at bay CP and steamroll them.
What your experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blair
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... at first I thought that was the case.

My Germans suffered staggering losses, including the fall of Danzig. My Austro Hungarians were on the ropes, and almost pushed off the mountains in the South.

However, the Russians had pushed forward too far in parts, and I was able (with lucky dice) to trap and cut off from supply about 15 divisions in the South, and 9 in the North.

This suddenly changed the tables - then, halting offensives in the West, I rushed some 4-4 units East and was able to push the Russians back into Russian territory and start advancing.

However, the Russians have come back a bit and have stablised the line as we start the 1916 turn - but I certainly got my Tanneburg, and much of the earlier Russian sucess was due to my own stupidity and weak planning in the East.

So I think it is possible... other factors to consider were that I failed to take Antwerp until December 1915, which meant I had to have so much extra force deployed in my huge pocket up north, which reached Ypres.

Had I taken Antwerp earlier - then arguably I would have more spare units to shuttle back to perhaps force a decisive result against the Russians.

The game is hard... sadly, I doubt it will be a while before I get to play all three maps face to face again. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blair
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT - it is now 1916, and due to stupidity on my part, the AH front collasped and despite winning in Italy, I am now reeling back in the East, and the western front has been blasted open in soeveral places!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Mele
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
We are playing summer 1915 now and just a massive german reinforcement and the start of a counteroffensive slowed a bit the russians.
AH is holding the carpathian line and Italy entered war on second chit draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my most recent game the Russians were very bold.They captured Lemberg surrounded Prymzl and Konigsberg and were pushing on Krakow and Breslau in March 1915.I counterattacked in my March turn and punched several holes in there line.I changed initiative and crushed them in April when I got large reinforcements.As of July 1915 they are in a very desperate retreat with practically no troops south of the marshes.I have never had a problem knocking the Russians around in 1915 although this time I'm doing far better than usual.If the Russians stick there head out to far it should be easy to cut it off.I surrounded over 30 Russian divs.Guderian would have been proud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.