Strategist Strategy» Forums » General

Subject: Excellent strategy game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F6 Garfield
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought this game @ Spiel 2019 and I love it.
It’s an extremely strategic game which reminds me of playing total war on the computer.
You give commands to your troops but there is a delay , so you need to anticipate what you think the other player will do.
But the absolute best part is what is called chain commands, but I call them formations. If you have several troops of the same kind next to each other you can give them an action with 1 command.
I also really like that you accumulate “energy” and you can use this energy to bring in reinforcements during the game. This combined with a lightning command and well timed can suddenly swing the tide of battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satochika Daimon
Japan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thank you for playing !
I'm glad to your review !

This game is discovered every time you play, so please play it again and again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Salewski
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I played a quick match at the booth in Essen. I found the game interesting and really liked the delayed command mechanism in the game. Unfortunately I rushed my king into battle like an idiot and therefore I was beaten in record time. The only thing which kept me from buying this game was the quality of the components. The whole thing felt like a prototype and I could not convince myself to pay 25 Euros for it. For 15 or maybe even 20 I would have taken it instantly.

But the game was sold out on Sunday anyway. I am looking forward to a 2nd edition with maybe a little bit better components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satochika Daimon
Japan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Thank you for visiting the booth and playing the game.
I'm still thinking about components that are graphical.
Please look forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls