Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had my eye on Domaine for a couple of years now and have noticed that it has slipped just a bit in the rankings. Also quite a few Euros have come out since Domaine was first published that are also area control style games.

Thoughthammer has just announced that very soon Mayfair games are going to go up in price because of a discount cap imposed by the company. So should I bump it up my list and get it now while it is a bit cheaper? Are there better games out now that I should give my money and time to?
What to do...What to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider this a vote for Domaine. I stay pretty current with my collection of games, and this still sees play. It's a very interesting and fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it does. Played it just this week.

It is easy to understand, and yet there's a real game there. More directly confrontational than your average Eurogame. Probably not a real negative for you. And it takes not much more than an hour.

I don't play it a LOT. My friends tend to prefer Lowenherz, which is the original here and is a deeper game. But this is cleaner and certainly has its advocates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Lowenherz and Domaine. While I personally prefer Lowenherz for its deeper mechanics, the newer Eurogamers in my gaming groups like Domaine. It is confrontational (more than the typical Euro), it is fun and it is not too long. We usually play 2 games at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Davis
United States
Greeneville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Champion Eternal wrote:
...While I personally prefer Lowenherz ...

Me to but if you don't have either I would get Domaine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have and enjoy both games. Domaine is favored by most in my group and still gets played at least every couple months. Haven't played Lowenhertz in a long time. It's good, just not as well liked in my group.

Be aware Domaine is VERY confrontational for a Euro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a great game. Looking at your favourite games, I think it's probably closest in feel to T&E - you build stuff up and people try to take it off you. If you like that sort of game, Domaine will be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland, I am in EXACTLY the same boat. Time to whip out those credit cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Nelson
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake, but in the mean time, rest well, and dream of Large Women.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up buying Domaine on a whim a little while ago, and I am glad I did. I love it. It has depth for the more strategically minded, but the rules are simple enough to be grasped quickly. I would highly recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Domaine more and more. It's a game I am continually happy to own.

KJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Domaine over the holidays on a half-price sale at a comics shop that was clearing out all their boardgames. It was $30 (CAD.. but since it can be found upwards of $70 here - holy crap - that was a bargain). I'm hoping to play it tomorrow...

I'd say grab it while you can.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.