Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Breti
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game as it is, but I did notice one interesting twist you could add to the rules.

In Clans, there's a random setup phase where you distribute the huts evenly between the regions. Well, you don't have to set them up randomly. Play the setup phase like the game Dvonn. Here, players are given an even distribution of the huts. They move from region to region, each player taking turns placing huts where they like, rather than it being random. They still have to abide by the rule of one hut of each colour per region.

This extends the game, but causes people to think quite a bit about placement and future strategy, much like Dvonn.

You can play this one of two ways. Either you pick your colour before placement (thus you know what colour your hut is before you place huts), or you pick your colour after placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Ben-Ezra
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Dvonn Variant
jayzen (#43509),

Fascinating. I had noticed the similarity of gameplay between Clans and Dvonn, but I hadn't considered using Dvonn's setup for Clans. I'll have to give this one a whirl.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Ben-Ezra
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Dvonn Variant
I've tried this a couple of times with two players, and I really like it. It allows me to try to angle for prime hut placement. Of course, there's still the need to hide my color.... I don't know if it would be as effective with 3 or 4 players, but I'd definitely recommend this variant to experienced Clans players who are looking for something a little different.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.