Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Boulder Games, one per? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still hasn't posted. Is it not going to happen this weekend, I haven't seen anything on it, have any of you?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Countdown until someone hijacks the thread and suggests it be Mayfair titles, thus opening the door for others to rekindle the Mayfair issue all over again:

3.. 2.. 1..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Erickson
United States
Winona
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair, Mayfair let it be Mayfair. Ummmmmmmm 1 Minute
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt King
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
So, is there no sale this week?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Jim was so busy ranting and creating a conspiracy to ruin Mayfair, that the Saturday Night Specials were just forgotten.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Maybe Jim was so busy ranting and creating a conspiracy to ruin Mayfair, that the Saturday Night Specials were just forgotten.


Why is it that this community takes joy in vilifying anyone who has an opinion? This weekend I read several harsh statements which weren't necessary. How many members don't participate because of this kind of behavior? Is BGG losing members because of some can't be civil?

We need to examine how we treat one another. It's one thing to disagree and it is another to attack someone because they hold a different opinion.

This comment is directed to people on both sides of the issue.
29 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamegrl2 wrote:

Why is it that this community takes joy in vilifying anyone who has an opinion? This weekend I read several harsh statements which weren't necessary. How many members don't participate because of this kind of behavior? Is BGG losing members because of some can't be civil?

We need to examine how we treat one another. It's one thing to disagree and it is another to attack someone because they hold a different opinion.

This comment is directed to people on both sides of the issue.


Personally, I don't mind if and when people have opinions.

However, I do take exception when that opinion is a profanity-laced tirade threatening the well-being of a segment of the gaming industry. It's even more offensive when that rant comes from the owner of a business that has a significant presence here. Unprofessional and inappropriate should NEVER be acceptable behavior from someone acting in Jim's capacity as owner and representative of any company.

How many people have been put off by Jim's fully offensive behavior? And I would hardly consider my comments as an attack. A snide remark? Absolutely. But I haven't called for retailers to conspire to work against any manufacturers, nor do I refer to any business or person as "chicken shit". So, who's attacking?

I haven't told anyone to not do buy from Boulder Games, or to cease doing business with them. People here can do as they please. But I, for one, will be hard-pressed to take my money to someone who demonstrates such immature and unprofessional behavior, as I do not condone such irrational actions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A snide remark? Absolutely.

Quote:
But I, for one, will be hard-pressed to take my money to someone who demonstrates such immature and unprofessional behavior, as I do not condone such irrational actions.


You're a hypocrite. You fell prey to doing exactly what you find immature and unprofessional.

"Tis best to be silent and thought the fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
Quote:
A snide remark? Absolutely.

Quote:
But I, for one, will be hard-pressed to take my money to someone who demonstrates such immature and unprofessional behavior, as I do not condone such irrational actions.


You're a hypocrite. You fell prey to doing exactly what you find immature and unprofessional.

"Tis best to be silent and thought the fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."


And you're helping the issue by calling him a hypocrite. Thanks for moving us to a higher ground.

Did you read the post that he is talking about? BIG difference in the two.

'Tis best to be silent and thought the fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Jim. He speaks his mind.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
goldenboat wrote:
I like Jim. He speaks his mind.


Me too. It shows real class to come on the internet and call other retailers "chicken shits". That's the kind of behavior that tells you this retailer's a good guy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
goldenboat wrote:
I like Jim. He speaks his mind.


I speak my mind, too. I just do it with a little decorum.

Would you tolerate someone talking like he writes at a department store? Or at the Motor Vehicle offices? Or in a bank? Or in your own workplace? I wouldn't, and I'm not afraid to call someone out on it.

Now, Walt...
Describing what something is is a far cry from insulting and name-calling. I'm describing the act, not the person, although the act is a reflection of the person. I'm also not calling people to conspire to engage in certain business practices. So, how exactly am I being hypocritical?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"No need to argue about you killed who"

The question was about if anyone had heard anything about the one per.

Well, it's been posted now on Sunday Night for those interested in games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm amazed you need an explanation. By your own admission your remark was snide. As a snide comment, it was also uncalled for in the original context of this thread, and certainly unprofessional as such.

If you want to criticize Jim , his policy towards Mayfair, or Bouldergames, do it under a separate thread authored by yourself. I'm sure you'll get plenty of comment appropriate to your concerns on the matter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
I speak my mind, too. I just do it with a little decorum.


You also seem to be doing it with a great deal of self-importance, or at least self-satisfaction.

J.L.Robert wrote:
Would you tolerate someone talking like he writes at a department store? Or at the Motor Vehicle offices? Or in a bank? Or in your own workplace? I wouldn't, and I'm not afraid to call someone out on it.


I don't know. Maybe I would, and maybe I wouldn't. But I'm not at any of those places. I'm at Boardgamegeek and have no problem with Jim being his usual crusty self here. Not that he needs me to defend him, or that he'd give a flip what either of us think of him.

All I said was that I like him for speaking his mind. I like that he's cranky and politically incorrect. And in that we differ, apparantly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
goldenboat wrote:


All I said was that I like him for speaking his mind. I like that he's cranky and politically incorrect. And in that we differ, apparantly.


I don't mind politically incorrect. But it doesn't have to be insulting at the same time.

At least we can both agree to disagree.

Anyhow, this week it looks like it's a Sunday Night Special. Enjoy your shopping. And good gaming.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL OCONNOR
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
goldenboat wrote:


All I said was that I like him for speaking his mind. I like that he's cranky and politically incorrect. And in that we differ, apparantly.


I don't mind politically incorrect. But it doesn't have to be insulting at the same time.

At least we can both agree to disagree.

Anyhow, this week it looks like it's a Sunday Night Special. Enjoy your shopping. And good gaming.


Fair enough. Good gaming to you, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.