Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is it possible everyone played only the steamboats side?? no threads about golden spike...

my questions:

1. how is it possible for a good to be delivered through Promontory if no player-defined track may be connected to it (so that the 5 point bonus could be given)? does this rule apply only in the final turn of the game, if both sides reveal track to Promontory, when you'd be able to deliver across the thick black line? The rule would be used so rarely it would seem kinda unnecessary, so I think I must be missing something here.

2. track reveal. what happens when I reveal a track when the segment already has my opponent's marker on it? do we leave both to determine majority once a city is built? do I replace his markers with mine? do I not get to place a marker? or is it not allowed for me to deliver a good to any city along the main line as long as my opponent has his marker on the last unfinished main track section?

thanks in advance,
mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
bazik123 wrote:
is it possible everyone played only the steamboats side?? no threads about golden spike...

my questions:

1. how is it possible for a good to be delivered through Promontory if no player-defined track may be connected to it (so that the 5 point bonus could be given)? does this rule apply only in the final turn of the game, if both sides reveal track to Promontory, when you'd be able to deliver across the thick black line? The rule would be used so rarely it would seem kinda unnecessary, so I think I must be missing something here.

2. track reveal. what happens when I reveal a track when the segment already has my opponent's marker on it? do we leave both to determine majority once a city is built? do I replace his markers with mine? do I not get to place a marker? or is it not allowed for me to deliver a good to any city along the main line as long as my opponent has his marker on the last unfinished main track section?

thanks in advance,
mike

1. The bonus can only apply on the final turn, yes. It creates timing nuances on the final turn, as the person going second for a team could have an opportunity to ship through Promontory if their "team mate" revealed the link there AND the other team had revealed their track there as well. It's a huge potential bonus, so it makes sense that it is extremely limited.

2. If you reveal track, but your "team mate" already controls the link, then they maintain control of that link. i.e.: once someone has an ownership marker on a segment of track the only way for it to be removed is for both players to not ship to the central line for a round, which would then result in it being abandoned, and available for claiming by being the first person to ship to the central line again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.