Subject: I don't know what to do! :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carlson lim
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools

I just bought the game two days ago. Open it last night and found 1 of the egyptian board damaged sligtly at the corner as well as a greek board. but when i look closer the greek board was damaged pretty bad with a cut or dent that strecthes all the way to the part where you lay resourse tiles.

I called the place i bought it from because I was unhappy with it and they told me that there is nothing they could do about it. They asked me to contact the manufacturer to get it replaced but I live in Australia! the shop is in australia as well.

I payed 120 aud for it. Thats alot of money so I expect it to be in mint condition. What should I do? sending it back to eagle is gonna cost me $$ and time. I am dying to play it with my gf. we found the rules interesting but I had to leave everything intact for the possibility of a return(cards are still in shrink, figures are still stuck to its mold, dice in plastic).

The woman who own the shop said that eagle sent it to them as a trial copy and because of that they dont have any other in stock.

So what should I do? wait for a month for the returning process? or open and play? I will be happy to provide pictures for those who had trouble undertanding where I am coming from.

Help!

One last question, does the box come with everything cramp inside without compartments to seperate cards or plastic figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Re:I don't know what to do! :(
zester (#43704),
A better way to get information about what you should do in this situation might be to contact the manufacturer, Eagle Games. They have a web site (www.eaglegames.com) with a contacts page which can be used to contact them directly, and an email address you can use if you prefer email (info@eaglegames.net). I don't know whether you should be taking up your beef with Eagle Games or the retailer, but Eagle Games should be able to set you straight, and do so better than anyone here (except, of course, for the Eagle Games reps who frequent BGG).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carlson lim
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Wraith (#43713),
I know, but I am hoping that the guys from eagle would help me here because I visit here more often than my mailbox

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Murkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[i]zester wrote:

The woman who own the shop said that eagle sent it to them as a trial copy and because of that they dont have any other in stock.
[i]
Why did the shop sell you a trial copy to begin with? Trial copies can be damaged, as they are not intended for sale.
I would go back to the store for your money back, since they never should have charged you the full price for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed. If they sold you a trial copy they better have charged you a lot less. If not I'd INSIST on my money back or at least a pretty fat discount.

I'm sure Eagle would be interested to know that this shop was selling trial editions that were donated to foster interest in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! The store should never have sold you a "trial copy".

Regardless, we'll help you out and replace any damaged components.

Just e-mail Kati at www.eaglegames.net (contact us button), and tell her that Glenn sent you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.