Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristan Brightman
United Kingdom
Bristol
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game at Essen, and I think it's the hit of the show for me.

For buying at Essen, I got the two bonus cards, which seem like a lot of fun. However, I just found the rules to the Space Billiards card on the game's official website...

The official rules:

In turn, each player chooses a row of asteroids, and a target player, and rolls to see where the asteroids on that row hit the chosen player's ship.

The official rules (brutal version):

In turn, each player chooses a row of asteroids, and rolls to see where the asteroids on that row hit every player's ship.

The "noone told me there were special rules for this" extra-brutal version I was playing up until now:

Roll for every asteroid on the card, against every player.

So yes, if you got this game at Essen, watch out. The Space Billiards card isn't supposed to be quite as horrifically brutal as it might appear. I hear it's those damn Czechs trying to corner the space shipping market, and "forgetting" to let the competition know how to avoid the most perilous of asteroid belts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
supertris wrote:
I hear it's those damn Czechs trying to corner the space shipping market, and "forgetting" to let the competition know how to avoid the most perilous of asteroid belts.

Of course, thats us damn Czechs. devil

However, why the heck we put a link to our web directly on the Space Billiards card then?

(The direct link is http://www.galaxytrucker.com/GT_bonus_cards, if you don't want to browse our pages to find it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brightman
United Kingdom
Bristol
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada wrote:

Of course, thats us damn Czechs. devil

However, why the heck we put a link to our web directly on the Space Billiards card then?

You were clearly relying on your players being TOO DUMB!

You got me :-(

I love your game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Humrich
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supertris wrote:

Roll for every asteroid on the card, against every player.

We were also playing it this way the first time this card came up...

After reading the real rules for the card, I still prefer the Ironman variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada wrote:
(The direct link is http://www.galaxytrucker.com/GT_bonus_cards, if you don't want to browse our pages to find it)

That link is now broken. Here's the new one:

http://czechgames.com/en/galaxy-trucker/bonuses/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.