Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification: Cities and Provinces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The following quote is taken from another thread since it warrants its own topic:

Doomfarer wrote:
nicktaruffi wrote:
So Massilia has its own ally and that's it? Only one BC card to whoever controls Massilia in any battle inside Massilia hex? I mean, no other BC for allies are possible?

Massilia the city lies in the Massilia province. You don't actually have to control the city of Massilia to control the province.

I believe that is not the case.

The city of Massilia is part of the province of Massilia.
You need to control 3 spaces (which may include the city) to control the province. By controlling the province you get 1 BC for a battle in any space in it, including the city of Massilia.

Syracuse is a special case.
A thick dark line separates Syracuse from the rest of the island. That alone tells us that Syracuse is a province by itself. No city in any province shares Syracuse's status. All other cities should be considered as just another space within the province -- albeit one that is harder to take -- and you must count them when determining the control of provinces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
WalterLai wrote:
The following quote is taken from another thread since it warrants its own topic:

Doomfarer wrote:
nicktaruffi wrote:
So Massilia has its own ally and that's it? Only one BC card to whoever controls Massilia in any battle inside Massilia hex? I mean, no other BC for allies are possible?

Massilia the city lies in the Massilia province. You don't actually have to control the city of Massilia to control the province.

I believe that is not the case.

What is not the case? First you say I'm wrong and then you agree with me that you don't need to control the city of Massilia to control the province.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In that case I have misunderstood you. My apologies.

Coupled with the previous post, I thought you are saying that the city and the province are independent of each other when it comes to allies support.

Language can be confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.