Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: convention [+] [View All]
Ryan Humphrey
United States
Culver
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got married recently (YAY!) but, in the hurry of life, I missed GenCon in Indy. I live in Northern Indiana but really would travel. I am looking for any conventions in driving distance. Any thoughts? Are there any out there? I just need my fix. The new wife, in all her wonderfullnessocity (I made that up, shocking I know) she does not enjoy board games (the horror!). Thoughts? Thanks!

-Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a couple of weeks, you can come up to U-Con in Ann Arbor, MI.

Clark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire & Ice in Manitowoc, WI in February. www.fireandiceconvention.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.gameconventions.net lost their database and are in the process of rebuilding it so many aren't listed in there. I have a note to myself to write up a list of the Chicago and adjacent area ones (with links) and submit them all to gameconventions.net and the Chicagoland Guild, but I can't seem to find time to do so. Not counting the meetups and other weekly groups, there are a ton of Fall cons in the Chicago area -- one almost every week. Here it is for Chicagoland listed by Saturday:

Sept
1 (open)
8 Games Plus Boardgame Saturday (Mt Prospect)
15 (open)
22 (open)
29 ConCeption (Glen Ellyn - COD)

Oct
6 Games Plus Auction (Mt Prospect); FlatCon (Bloomington)
13 Games Plus Boardgame Saturday (Mt Prospect)
20 Legends in the Fall (Wauconda)
27 KitCon (Elgin)

Nov
3 RockCon (Rockford/LovesPark)
10 Games Plus Boardgame Saturday (Mt Prospect); WindyCon 34 (Rosemont)
17 CHITAG (Schaumburg); BGG.con (Dallas,TX)
24 WolfCon (Chicago)

Then it quiets down a bit and gets busy again in the spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Humphrey
United States
Culver
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Now I have things to do! Thanks!
I'm all excited to get in some games I only read about. I buy some great games I try on BGG or read about, but my friends are rarely available to game. I'm really excited about all this. I found PentaCon in Fort Wayne from one of those lists but it looks like about any weekend I can find something. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one I'm most excited about is Chitag http://www.chitag.com/schedule.html (not as much for the present, but for the future potential). In past years it has been such a different focus (with less experimental hobby gamers not finding anything to do after playing the RioGrande Demos for an hour or two). This year they are doing a Night at Essen (Sat 6PM) to showcase some of the new Essen games -- which if it succeeds has the potential to grow to something bigger. See: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/188785
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tepper
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ray,

Well, now I'm back from Essen. When I made the comment earlier, I was just assuming that I'd be able to bring some Essen games back with me.

Let's just say that I don't think you'll be disappointed with what I brought back with me from Essen this year. In fact, you might just be frustrated that the Essen night at Chitag doesn't last all weekend long. laugh

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also excited about ChiTag - the future potential PLUS the current open game playing area and special Night of Essen event.

Scott --- Looking forward to the bounty of games from Essen. I think there will be a fairly decent sized group attending. Everyone I mention it to (German board game fans) is very excited.

See everyone there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2008 National Block Party
The Ohio Valley Gamers are proud to bring you the fifth
mini-convention that promotes competitive play in "block games". These games use wooden pieces in their components and many are historical simulations. We have 10 tournaments that range from two player war games, multi-player wargames to multi-player eurogames. Columbia Games will be on hand to support their titles and F2F Gaming will have computers to demo their online service! This year we are also featuring a "EuroDay" on the last day of the con. This will feature two tourneys in two Eurogames. We also will have vendors as well as unlimited open gaming!

Where: New Albany, IN @ Holiday Inn Express
When: May 16-18th, 2008

http://www.ohiovalleygamers.org/nationalblockparty.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.