Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Rouse
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode 159: Rune Stones
Happiest of Mondays! The computer gremlins almost got us again in this weeks episode. Take a listen as we discuss our recent game plays, a HARPERS BAZAAR and provide a deep dive review of RUNE STONES!

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2019/11/18/episode-159-rune-stone...

*If you are having issues with the episode, please update your RSS feed and re-download and it should fix it*

Show Notes

00:06:05 – Computer Dwarfs
00:09:36 – Patreon contests
00:11:00 – Redbubble Store
00:12:10 – Blade Gaming with Stephen and Dan
00:16:03 – Harper’s Game Topper and what are children?
00:18:52 – Next episode delayed, Pax Unplugged

Plays
00:20:34 – Robb discusses recent Legacy game experiences of Rise of Queensdale-alea; Designer: Inka Brand, Art: Fiore GmbH, Michael Menzel and Betrayal Legacy– Avalon Hill Games, Inc.; Designer: Rob Daviau; Art: Scott Okumura, Ben Oliver

00:29:43 – Disney Villanous – Ravensburger; Designer: Prospero Hall

00:35:57 – Circadians: First Light– Renegade Game Studios; Designer: S J Macdonald; Artist: Sam Phillips

00:46:31 – King of the Dice– HABA; Designer: Nils Nilsson; Artist: Gus Batts

00:51:19 – Detective Club– Blue Orange Games; Designer: Oleksandr Nevskiy; Artist: M81 Studio

00:56:11 – Brains Family: Burgen & Drachen– Pegasus Spiele; Designer: Reiner Knizia; Artist: Andreas Resch

00:59:15 – Age of Steam– Eagle-Gryphon Games; Designer: Martin Wallace; Artist: Ian O’Toole

01:09:54 – Bosk– Floodgate Games; Designer: Daryl Andrews, Erica Bouyouris; Artist: Kwanchai Moriya, Matt Paquette

News
01:17:45 – Honey Buzz Kickstarter
01:21:20 – Secret Santas: BoardGameGeek, Brawling Brothers
01:23:20 – Oath by Leder Games

Rune Stones
01:32:90 – Review
01:57:40 – Ratings

ReRoll
02:08:45 – Feudum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgueni K
Canada
flag msg tools
Happy to hear a pretty positive review about Circadians: First Light. I recently received the kickstarter version and was really looking forward to play it, but was unable as it was missing a few components that I'm waiting for now.

I do recall there was quite a few people who were not fans of the art when it was launched on kickstarter, especially the box cover. I wasn't crazy about it at first as well, but throughout the kickstarter, as I kept seeing it more and more, the art slowly grew on me. Sure, it's not the neat and flashy sci-fi stuff with a ton of lensflare everywhere, but it's unique enough that it stands out in my collection and it keeps making me want to grab it (even as I'm still waiting for those missing components!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be noted (before I get emails) I might have explained the rule (scoring) wrong in Bosk. First scoring round is grid scoring, second scoring round is area scoring!

Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like last week the episode my podcast player has downloaded has the title of the new episode but the audio of the previous one. Any idea why this could be?

Love the show and looking forward to listening to the new episode!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Strong
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Circadians is one of my top games of 2019. Everything just works and a 3 player game can definitely be done in under 90 minutes once everyone knows the game. I like it enough that I'll probably be taking my own copy to BGG Con even though they have a few copies in the library.
As for the box size. It's the same size box as the West Kingdom series.

And I'm really looking forward to trying out Rune Stones when my copy arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notched Nerd
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cito88 wrote:
Just like last week the episode my podcast player has downloaded has the title of the new episode but the audio of the previous one. Any idea why this could be?

Clearly its the ghost of Patrick (RIP) haunting the podcast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cito88 wrote:

We have fixed the issue. Delete, refresh your RSS feed, then Download again. This should be the last time this happens. Sorry for the inconvenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it worked! Had a giggle when listening to the first part of the episode thnx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
We have fixed the issue. Delete, refresh your RSS feed, then Download again. This should be the last time this happens. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Just by saying this you have guaranteed it will happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pyranoir wrote:
rookenoble wrote:
I have been assured by our crack team of IT professionals the issue as been addressed and resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
pyranoir wrote:
rookenoble wrote:
I have been assured by our crack team of IT professionals the issue as been addressed and resolved.
I have, indeed, been addressing these issues by taking crack. I didn't think it was that obvious, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
pyranoir wrote:
rookenoble wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thats funny, Jeremy did say that if one more thing like this happens, he was burning it all down. that was two things ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy, repeat after me...

Asymmetric
Asymmetric
Asymmetric

Not

Asynchronous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:
Jeremy, repeat after me...

Asymmetric
Asymmetric
Asymmetric

Not

Asynchronous
Wait, did I say that?!? About Villainous?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BURNING IT ALL DOWN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wolff
United States
Grafton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fire sale on Jeremys around here. Jeremys are OUT and Trevors are IN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good episode... once I finally got to listen to it after resubscribing... cry

Enjoyed the Age of Steam discussion, Jeremy. Have you tried Steam or Railways of the World? They are variants on the original Age of Steam with Railways the family friendly version (best looking of the bunch) and Steam the "let me create a version of my own game to spite my former publisher who unfairly claimed ownership of my original" version. I really like Steam and went all in on it a couple of years back, primarily because it adds an optional game mode that replaces the auction with a draft for the special powers each round and is a bit more forgiving on the in-game finances.

Hope to bump into some of you at PAXU again this year. Only there for the Friday and will have my sons with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls