United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsnell wrote:
Season 34 starts in a week and half. Signups are open at http://tmtour.org/

Was there ever a conclusion to the chess clock voting? Will it go into effect for this season?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ã…kerlund
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone!

First off, thanks to Robert (DocCool) for organizing the poll and to Juho for linking to it from the game site. I think it could be a fairly accurate representation of the community's opinions, even though the more active players may possibly be somewhat over-represented among the voters.

The only change with a clear majority seems to be the suggestion to reduce the base time from 1.5 days/round to 1 day/round and I think it's worth trying this out. I do however think it's important that all rules are known at signup time, so that people know what they sign up for. Therefore, I will not make the adjustments for season 34. Instead, I will add information about the rule change on the TMtour site once season 34 starts, and the change will then be implemented for season 35.

So to summarize...

Rule change from season 35
The time added per round will be reduced from 1.5 days/round to 1 day/round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Bjolletz wrote:
Rule change from season 35
The time added per round will be reduced from 1.5 days/round to 1 day/round.
Thanks. That's the least invasive change and still reduces the potentlial delay by 3d (actually more like 6d since even now it requires two slowniks to stall a game beyond two months). The other change with low invasiveness would be the reduction of the start clock to 4d - that change also got a majority of votes (anybody voting for 3d certainly will prefer 4d over 5d ), but not a very clear one, and making one change at a time is a wise approach.

We'll see whether and how it affects the number of drops and unfinished games (which in an ideal world would both be zero). Unlike others, I remain optimistic that the number of unfinished games will see a higher reduction than the number of drops will grow. And even if they stay the same: I find a finished game with a drop slightly more satisfying than an unfinished game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls