Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Isakson
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New England hit the table next, after quite a long absence - it think the last play may well have been last year!

We played with the defined setup, which while it has some flaws is better than trying to explain the strategies to a newbie up front. I ended up on the short end of the stick, as the color I tend to prefer (yellow) is probably the least viable from the pre-defined setup, having only one of their plots anywhere near the sea. I had a tough time getting the resources I needed - even with the ship power through most of the game (IIRC, the extra flip never really revealed anything terribly useful).

Charles ran away with the game, getting 2 of the black-6 scoring fields, one green-6, the brown-10, and a stack of other points. I can't recall if it came down to money between him and John (who was very close), but I know I wasn't anywhere in the running, and realistically felt that to be the case from very early in the game.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I did wrong here, but in general I was just unable to get the items I needed, when I needed them - things I needed kept showing up when I was short of funds, and as I said, the ship power never really proved helpful.

Still, a decent game - it's not one that I feel the urge to play frequently, but I enjoy it enough to bring it out every few months (autumn seems most appropriate, given the board art).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.