Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be more then happy to buy one.

I'd much rather have a pretty printed up all legal like version then whatever ham-fisted job I could do myself.

Just send me a PM if you have not-needed copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:If anyone gets an extra printed copy of this...
Chris R wrote:
I think they should print more and offer them by mail through their website.

I agree with this, since there are people who can't attend a convention and it is unfair for them to not get a chance to obtain it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this official version of the expansion become available via the RG web site once the convention season is over and the demand stays high.

Historically speaking RG have had enough copies of their freebies to hand out to all takers for some time, though the mad popularity of PR might make this situation a little bit different.

I'd like to get a copy of this, like many, but I'm not willing to go to a con just to pick it up, especially since it would also require buying a full priced game from their booth.

Hopefully it will be made more widely available on their web site at some point though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb (#44313),

OK, just in case anyone at Rio Grande is reading this and tallying the "votes", add a hash mark for me for "Geek who wants the PR printed expansion tiles available on the website, not just at conventions". Here's crossing my fingers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'll chime in with a MeToo!; even though PR has been unplayed on my shelf for a while, I anticipate playing it a bit once it does, and I'm a sucker for expansions and completism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am anxious to obtain a copy but unwilling to travel 6-8 hours to do so. I don't mind paying retail at the game booth, but for some reason Rio Grande is only offering it at *SOME* conventions where they have a booth, not all. My local con later this year is not on their list.

RGG - Please start selling this expansion separately!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren (#46511),

I sent an email to Jay Tummelson at Rio Grande Games regarding the availablity of the expansion. Here's his reply:

The expansions are available to everyone, all you have to do is attend a convention and buy a game. Depending on how many are given away in the next several months, I may make them available for sale next year.

Jay M Tummelson
Rio Grande Games
www.riograndegames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Available to everyone?laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wofford
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to echo the above sentiments. I buy a lot of RG products, and find it very frustrating that some kid who wanders into a con to buy Magic cards can get this expansion but I can't. BTW, I am stationed in Okinawa so "attending a convention and buying a game" isn't really an option for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's one more vote that I would most definitely purchase the expansion if made available online or even at retail locally! I would think they would sell quite a few of them. Hey, let's just start getting people to add their comments to this list that they would purchase it. If enough people respond, we get Jay Tummelson from Rio Grande to visit this thread and it might influence his decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Vey
United States
Breinigsville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy a copy of the expansion in a heartbeat. My job involves a lot of travelling, and I'll be nowhere near a con that will have the expansion available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Mecoides
Australia
St Kilda
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too wrote Jay explaining that I live in Australia in one of the smallest cities in the world and short of paying $2000+ for a return ticket to a convention, there is no way that I can attain a copy of this expansion. He told me that he would be happy to come to a convention in Australia if invited. I wonder if he realizes that our convention would be lucky to get 300 people total over the three days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Phhoey. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and make up my own set of expansion tiles. Does anyone have experience doing this, so that I can do it with a minimum of fuss, effort, and error? I'd like them to be as close as possible to the actual tiles, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandallPeek (#52308),

I made my own expansion set years ago, first I got some labels (8x10 full sheet) at Office-Max. Then I simply printed out the sheet, peeled and stuck it to some card stock. Then trimmed it with a cutting wheel. Takes about 10 minutes and they look almost like the real thing.

Since I had left over supplies, I printed out some of the free stuff here on BGG and made a few other games. Using this process I think I could make darn near anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandallPeek (#52308),

I made a copy as well, it's not too tough to do. I took one of the Puerto Rico tiles to a store selling card stock to get the right thickness and density, then printed out the sheets and used a glue stick to attach them before cutting out. I found part way through I wished I had used self-adhesive sheets, but the glue stick worked well enough (the pieces are still intact). The most time intensive part came from deciding I wanted to have the image on the front and back of each tile. I had already cut each tile after gluing the buildings on one side and had to do each piece individually. They aren't perfect rectangles since they're cut by hand, but they certainly get the job done.

It would be interesting to see if Rio Grande would allow someone to make up a few sets like this and sell them, charging only for materials and construction time and not for the game itself.

I suggest giving it a try, you'll certainly enjoy having the sturdy pieces for gameplay in place of plain paper. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, Jay is really coming off as a complete and utter jerk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay Tummelson basically is Rio Grande Games.

Rio Grande Games has done more for our hobby here in the US than anyone has in recent times. He has made so many cool games available to folks here in the US and elsewhere, and he has done so at reasonable prices.

Therefore, I'll cut Jay plenty of slack, even though I'd love to have an easy way to get the PR expansion too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Faenza
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mecoides (#52302),

I suggest you to contact a store or distributor that buys directly from Rio Grande Games. I'm a distributor (in Italy) and I just asked for a small number of expansion to give away in an Italian convention in a similar way Jay does in the US. Well, being the extremely kind person he is, he sent them immediately So if anybody is coming to Lucca Comics and he's going to buy some RGG games from me he'll have the expansion for free (but I only asked for 40, so they are going to finish FAST).

That is to say that the convention should not necessarily be in the US (and Italy is really a third world country, as far as boardgaming is concerned).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobo72 (#55909),

I also contacted the biggest RGG retailer in Greece to get hold of a copy of the Puerto Rico expansion. Guess what?

Jay didn't include any in the latest shipments (probably because there are no game conventions taking place in Greece!)

Many Greek boardgamers that i know who buy RGG games at twice the price compared to the German editions are not very satisfied either with Jay's policy regarding the Puerto Rico expansion availability...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
And as far as price goes: Thought Hammer lists this at 3.75, so I assume MSRP is going to be around the 5$ price range for those interested in buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Bought it locally the other day for $5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.