Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll mention this in the shows coming up, but I wanted to throw this out there -- this morning I published episode 194 of the podcast, meaning we're two to three weeks away from THE BIG 200. By way of planning, I think I will do a couple more episodes on the regular pace (one more this week, then the remaining four over the next couple weeks), then do a big 200th episode before I wrap the season.

What's this "seasons" business?
Each year, I teach a "January term" class at my school that uses up an intense amount of time, and my ability to keep up with hobbies is much constrained. To counteract that, last year I stopped doing the podcast (more by accident than plan) on Dec 17, and then restarted on January 22. I intend to do the same this year.

Q&As
So, I think I will make 199 a Q&A episode, if there are any questions to be answered. But that's up to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Brawling Brothers podcast fanMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: 2020 Miniature Painters Guild Challenge participantMicrobadge: Buddy, I... am the Dragon Warrior!
Wow, congrats on the upcoming 200! I think it would be fun to hear how you got into board gaming, and how your tastes have changed over the years. Also, there are many like us who love getting new games and work hard to keep up with new purchases. Can you sustain your current level of consumption or will it even out? Is that urge for new experiences part of the overall joy of your hobby? Don't worry about answering all of them. Just throwing out some ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hickman
United States
St. Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Unplugged since... 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
-Christmas "Wish" List
-Recommended games for a gift exchange (non-gamers)
-Family holiday get together games connesiour
-Games best played fireside

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great questions, fellas! Kris, I just recorded a new Board Game Sommelier episode to go out tomorrow about Thanksgiving, so I'm ahead of you on that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would enjoy a top ten from you. Top 10 games of 2019 or all time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH NO. Somehow I published the episode on 11/27 on the website but not on the feed. ARGH. Publishing now, with another episode due later today.

GRrrrr.

I have gathered the questions here and am recording the episode today, so feel free to ask more questions, but I won't get to them until Season 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls