United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty or security."--Benjamin Franklin

"The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."--John Adams surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

"We should have a government that lives within the bounds of the Constitution. It is not authorized to do most of what we do in Washington, and certainly we can't afford it." -- Senator Ron Paul

"The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state." -- Senator Ron Paul

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Washington has a disease, a malady of conscience and of character which has at its root the disrespect for Constitutional Law. The symptoms of this disease can be seen at airport checkpoints, in prisons overflowing with non-violent drug users, and in the shattered streets of Baghdad." -- cowbot on digg.com

"Just when you think you know what is going to happen, the game turns on you and you get zapped. Is getting shocked good or bad? No one can tell. It is a koan wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a tortilla. Contemplating it will drive you insane." -- Scott Reed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
He who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!"
---Bill and Ted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
"The keenest sorrow is to recognize ourselves as the sole cause of all our adversities." -- Sophocles

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." -- Robert McCloskey

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

"It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong." -- G. K. Chesterton

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are convinced beyond doubt that they are right." -- Laurens Van der Post

"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it." -- G. K. Chesterton

"What this country needs is more free speech worth listening to." -- Hansell B. Duckett

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." --Carl Sagan

"Rogues are preferable to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest." -- Alexandre Dumas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
"Menschen brauchen kleine Waffeln"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!"
-Terry Pratchett

"'Educational' refers to the process, not the object. Although, come to think of it, some of my teachers could easily have been replaced by a cheeseburger."
-Terry Pratchett

"That seems to point up a significant difference between Europeans and Americans:
A European says: I can't understand this, what's wrong with me? An American says: I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?
I make no suggestion that one side or other is right, but observation over many years leads me to believe it is true."
-Terry Pratchett
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
"Menschen brauchen kleine Waffeln"

mit Sirup und Butter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
She liked farming...
badge
...he preferred stabbing things in the neck.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

--Ben Franklin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"I've got BLISTERS on my fingers!" see? thumbsupmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"A little luck and a little government are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either one." -- P.J. O'Rourke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

- The Big Lebowski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Constitution should have stopped with 'Congress shall pass no law'." -- Anon of Ibid.

"Those who consciousness is unified abandon all attachment to the results of action and attain supreme peace. But those whose desires are fragmented, who are selfishly attached to the results of their work, are bound in everything they do." -- Bhavad Gita.

"Out of compassion I destroy the darkness of their ignorance. From within them I light the lamp of wisdom and dispel all darkness from their lives." -- Bhavad Gita.

"It is better to do one's own duty, however defective it may be, than to follow the duty of another, however well one may perform it. He who does his duty as his own nature reveals it, never sins." -- Bhavad Gita.

"I look upon all creatures equally; none are less dear to me and none more dear. But those who worship me with love live in me, and I come to life in them." -- Bhavad Gita.

"In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true is true or becomes true, within certain limits to be found experientially and experimentally. These limits are further beliefs to be transcended. In the mind, there are no limits." -- John C. Lilly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"We've taken something. We can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do." -- Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
"Everybody is someone else's freak" --Robert Anton Wilson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. And while he's doing that, just quietly ditch him." Henry David Crank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
"I didn't go to university. Didn't even finish A-levels. But I have sympathy for those who did."

-- Terry Pratchett (and more of those at http://www.lspace.org/books/pqf/index.html)

and don't forget:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/21826

Thats where all the really cool quotes are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
Winston Churchill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Give a man a fish & he'll ask you for another. Teach a man to fish & he'll ask you to bait the hook" - Mike Horshead

"At first, I thought he was a Mormon. After he spoke, I realized I was off by one letter." - Mike Horshead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
"Everybody is someone else's freak" --Robert Anton Wilson

"The future exist first in imagination, then in will, then in reality." -- Robert Anton Wilson.

"I came. I saw. I kicked its ass." -- Anon of Ibid.

"I'm here to chew ass and kick bubblegum." -- Osiris Ra, after a bender.

"Hey, Crick. What do you think of these new circular stairs that the wife installed?" -- Watson.

"That makes no sense and so do I!" -- Daffy, a Duck.

"WATKINS: So what sort of school did you say you went you?
HOMES: Elementary, my dear Watkins. Elementary." -- Jones, Chuck; Deduce You Say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jr
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I just finished re-reading Animal Farm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Resistance is futile. If less than one ohm." -- Anon of Ibid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.