Subject: U.S. availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
When will this game be made available in the U.S.? None of the U.S. retailers have said anything so far as to when they will get copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:U.S. availability?
toguopp (#44270),
FunAgain imports the other two Kronberger games (Tom Tube and Cronberg), so I would presume they'll eventually get Lost Valley as well. It's just a guess, but that's where I'd watch. It might even be worth sending them an email to see if they can special order a copy for you in their next import shipment. BoulderGames will also likely have it eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Someone kindly e-mailed me and said that there are some copies in stock at www.boardsandbits.com . Makes me wonder a bit why the other stores haven't indicated anything yet about when they're getting it. I hope it didn't have to do with those early premature negative reviews (it's gotten better reviews since then).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hansen
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't find the game anywhere online! Looked at boardsandbits.com and it wasn't there. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tp_ryhansen (#49167),

I'm interested in finding a copy myself. I haven't read any mention of this game showing up at recent game conventions either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Goslar
Germany
Kronberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.kronberger-spiele.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
till now I just know that www.levalet.com from Canada has got copies. Our distributor www.heidelberger-spieleverlag.de told me that the wellknown us-sellers haven't asked him and that the best procedure for americans should be to mail there favorite seller to get some copies.
Greetings
Roland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hansen
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took the plunge and got it from the Canadian site. Took two weeks to get but it came today. Can't wait to finally play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
>>Our distributor www.heidelberger-spieleverlag.de told me that the wellknown us-sellers haven't asked him and that the best procedure for americans should be to mail there favorite seller to get some copies.<<

Yep. Just goes to show what early negative reviews can do. Either early reviewers need to show some humility and refraining from making grand statements like calling something a "dog", or the public needs to show as much skepticism about reviewers as towards the games themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoGo (#51449),

I can't find it at www.levalet.com or www.boardsandbits.com.

I hate to pay all that money in shipping overseas, so I might not ever try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Goslar
Germany
Kronberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.kronberger-spiele.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,
try this link:
http://www.levalet.com/ENGCAT/errframes.php?listing=KRON.HTM...
or find it beneath th catalog menue under companies.
Greetings
Roland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Saumer
United States
White Bear Township
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoGo (#53653),

I just got a copy in the mail from www.levalet.com yesterday and got a chance to play for the first time tonight. Thanks for posting the suggestion, I too was looking for a place selling the game and the people at Le Valet D'Coeur were excellent to work with. I like the game a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
toguopp wrote:
When will this game be made available in the U.S.? None of the U.S. retailers have said anything so far as to when they will get copies.

I just just a copy from FunAgain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy from FunAgain just arrived, and now FairPlayGames is carrying it too. I'm not allowed to play it until Christmas, but after I do I will certainly post a review of my findings.

My initial impression (from reading the rules and everyone's comments) is that this is quite a good game which got some bad press due to early reviewers who were playing the game incorrectly. It would be a shame if the game suffered unfairly because of this. The other key point is for players to realize that individual turns are VERY VERY SMALL! it should only take a few seconds to take your turn, and you will get another one in less than a minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.