Subject: Card count, Held Terrain bonus, Oblique Order questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have 3 questions.

What are the number of Doctrine, Terrain, and Unit cards? I have 78 Units, 15 Doctrine, and 12 terrain cards. Is that the proper number? They do not agree with what is written in the rules.

When a Terrain card gives a bonus to an "infantry" unit, I assume that means any type of Infantry (Light, Elite, or Line)?

Oblique Order - The Prussians shocked 1 unit on their Right Wing and then shocked 1 Austrian unit on their Right wing on the opposite side of the game. That is allowed?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cards number might be different (my fault in rules review)

infatry terrain: yes if states infantry (example the hamlet) means every infantry;

Oblique order says UP TO ... so 1 for 1 is allowed, consider it a "minor" oblique order, that is to give flexibility to the "prussian"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, I understand about allowing 1 or 2 units to Shock.

But I was also wondering about a unit affecting an enemy unit on the far side of the battlefield. But I guess that is allowed.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
being a sort of "abstract" way to simulate a miniature wargames

I am giving something to taking someother in another terrain, so the opponent will mass units against me but i will choose where to attack even in another place of the battlefield.

As in history, oblique order is all about timing. Leuthen was an excellent timing, Kolin not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As always, I appreciate your historical context. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls