Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the hex tiles played loosely just like in Settlers of Catan? It looks so fragile since you will be moving pieces around quite often(?). Does it come with anything to hold them all nicely together? Having the back of the tiles be rubberized would be a cool solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re:Question about hex map
ekted (#44507),

Go to your local hardware store, and pick up a couple of sheets of perspex/lucite (clear plastic). They probably won't set you back more than 1/3-1/2 the price of a reasonable game, and they make life a lot easier when playing Twilight Imperium, any of the Columbia blockgames, and just about anything else that doesn't come on a nicely mounted board.

Plus it means that you can serve drinks and not get that constricting feeling in your throat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Physics (#44555),

Let me make sure I understand your suggestion. You build the map, then you place the clear material over the top? How thick is this stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ivy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
ekted (#44559),

We play on a wobbly card table and have few issues with the galaxy getting all screwed up. I wouldn't go spending too much money on it.

But those sheets are about as thick as posterboard, just enough to hold the board together and keep stuff from sliding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted (#44559),

The thickness varies depending on what you get. I picked up a few sheets (different sizes and thickness) to accomodate different games.

I use these with ALL the board games I play, for the reasons Tim stated, especially for the accidents/spillage insurance.

It's very good with anything which requires one to "build" the terrain/map (like Settlers, Twilight Imperium and Memoir '44).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.