Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Isakson
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next, we moved on to a game of Trias, while the other table played Merchents of Amsterdam. After a quick review of the rules, since it had been some time since we had played, we got down to it - initially, I had a pretty good position, with access to a large island, and a good blockade. Unfortunately, I let my focus wander, and managed to end up not scoring at all for the large island in the game - all in all, I didn't do well in this game at all.

Dave ended up winning by quite a large margin, as he took the primary island in final scoring, after having scored enough interim points to give him a 4-6 point lead at the end game. Derk and Aldie were tied in the middle, and I was quite a ways back.

Dave made a comment after the game about how it didn't really feel like you had much control over your fate in Trias - I'm not certain I disagree with him, but also pretty sure it bothers me less than similar traits in other games. It may be because of the unique tile drifting mechanism, which is definitely fun to watch develop, or it could just be because, while it's fairly meaty, it's not a particularly long game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.