United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past week I came to realize that the Religion, Sex, & Politics forum is pure bull$hit. I can go to any site on the InterWeb and have the exact same discussions. I came to Board Game Geek to have fun, not to be dragged into pointless debates that lead to less than nowhere.

Some of it was really funny (yes, cosine, I'm talking to you), but for the most part the people in this little corner of the Geek take themselves as seriously as everyone else in the mundane world (except for koldfoot).

To that end, this is in my last post in this dingy attic of the Geek. This is probable the same alcove where Aldie and the other admins keep their deranged aunts. So I will be storing mine here too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: You want to know something, Cartman, I learned something
Just this one forum out of all of them. It is too predictable for someone who plays with chaos. Someone makes a (lib/cons) comment and the other side sends out the same hackneyed responses that they learned from other media sources. It would be nice if some of them thought for themselves.

Back in my 20s I led a small "occult" circle. My point was about liberation and finding your own path in life. About thinking for yourself. When these buggers starting worshipping me, I broke the whole thing up. I felt like Brian in the "we're all individuals" scene. People do not listen. I wish they did, at least once in a while.

There are times I slip back into my Roshi (Zen master) mode, and slap people across the forehead with a metaphorical stick I call the "clue-by-four" (that original phrase of mine has been making the con circuit since 1985).

As I said, I am a moderate who leans to the liberterian side. When I say something people assume I am with the other side. I love bedevilling them, because it is fun to play with extremists by leading them slowly off a limb and making them see their fears. I was a neuro-psych major and my GF's father was a top psychiatrist in NYC, so it can be fun to play mindf**ks with people. But I can get that anywhere; plus the KosKids have funnier over-the-top reactions than people here, as do a number of Limbaugh listeners, when you contradict them. Fur flies. There's a gnashing of teeth. Paranoia is unleashed.

Most of the people here are all right, but a few needed their balloons busted. But, all of this stuff is just not as much as it was a week ago. Maybe I've matured. Or, more likely, grown bored.

I will still post in other forums. But this is one is verbotten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In the past week I came to realize that the Religion, Sex, & Politics forum is pure bull$hit.

It took you THAT long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
Quote:
In the past week I came to realize that the Religion, Sex, & Politics forum is pure bull$hit.

It took you THAT long?

It took that long for the meds to work. It took that long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe I waited so long to read this hilarious thread. You're a freakin' goldmine, Osiris Ra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Dorrough
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes one gets bored of the same discussions with the same people, and ennui requires one to find a new group on which to employ ones well-honed thrusts and parries in ones favorite debate topics.

Also, TiVocommunity.com and the other forums I hang out at aren't as fun as they used to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems more than this one forum is bullspit, but this one is getting nastier and nastier. To be expected when you introduce politics into any conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mollusk
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

I will find you.

Aww, that's sweet. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.