Subject: Should we have a geek-un-buddy function? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just reading a recent geeklist about "games I like" and it struck me that all the games in that list are ones I feel are mediocre or have a "meh" reaction to.

Normally if I see someone post something which implies they have a similar taste in games to myself, I will geekbuddy them, since the data from their ratings can be useful. Therefore I suggest the consideration of some kind of feature where we can have the "inverse" of "geekbuddy" i.e. it provides a similar amount of information, but on what NOT to buy! (Itend to dislike abstracts and pseudo-abstracts (knizia), war-board-games etc.)

PS I mean this in a friendly way- despite my avatar I am NOT trying to find a way to create new enemies (I already have enough enemies thank you very much), merely a way to get more accurate reccomendations.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, would like this function and it wouldn't have to be tracked or visible to other members.

There are a few people that I would like to group together as Geekbuddies, but not add them as "buddies".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.