Subject: Found this game in my local game store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Romero
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, I found that my local game store now has this on the shelf. I was looking for an August release - looks like it was released sooner than expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gillilan
United States
Boaz
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Found this game in my local game store
pekadad (#44686),
Just called my local game store , and they do have the game!! Going to go right now and pick up a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabusan
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I also bought it in a impulse, since it looked great. However, after reading the reviews, now I think maybe I should have gotten the futuristic version of Risk instead. I do like more the fantasy theme, but it seems most people here consider it superior to this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabusan (#46514),
Play it and form your own opinion. If you have fun and enjoy it, then there's no problem. If you've never played any of the other "special" versions of Risk (2210, LotR) then you're even better suited to be unbiased by not weighing opinion in relation to them.

I've got all the Risk games and bought this one on impulse and for the very reason it was a Risk variant with a fantasy theme. I've played with 4 people and enjoyed the game even though I lost. We played cold without reviewing any of the cards other than knowing there was one that would sink Atlantis. There is some strategy on which Gods and cards are better early on and which ones to purchase later. Plague territories with only 1 unit are worth attacking in cases where you can press on into weak areas with further attacks.

Overall, I think it's a great addition to the new special Risk family. I never play the old Risk anymore as I think this one is better. In comparison to the other special Risk games, 2210 is good for Sci-fi flavor and LotR is my favorite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.