Subject: Quick Comments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Braley
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
I have played this game only two times, but enjoyed it each time. The first time, there were two new players and it did take two hours, but the second time everyone knew how to play and it was much quicker.

The game mechanics are good and the scoring is unique. The special cards do seem to be a bit powerful and too abundant. Having a lead going into the final round may be a disadvantage because of how many people will unleash the fury of these cards upon you. Addditionally, the method of ending a round, although unique (all of a particular color of chip are used) may be flawed in that our second round could have ended after one turn. If that is the point then fine, but it seems a bit too hard to have to try and prepare for this possibility.

Overall, good game, but I will definitely have to play it more, before I am totally sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Quick Comments
markb_34 (#44707),

Ensuring that most of one colour (especially blue for the special Royalist victory conditions) will remain on the table is an important strategy. It allows you to predetermine the next ruling group as well as being important for alternate victory conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.