Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Its Monday and we have dropped an episode!

In 161, Christina talks about being solo (tear) at Pax Unplugged, Robb reminds everyone (multiple times) why he should be Father of the Year, and Jeremy lays down some awesome trivia!

We review The Taverns of Tiefenthal and reroll Pulsar 2849.

We also discuss Marvel Champions, Urban Sprawl, Palm Island, something called Stinky Queen (thanks Isaac!), and so much more.

Dont forget to enter Thanks for the Meme-ories!

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2019/12/23/episode-161-the-tavern...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry you couldn't make it out to PAX, Robb! My sons and I just went Friday this year. Seemed a lot busier than last year. Really enjoyed the first look area with games set up and ready to play and instructors available to get you through the rules. We got a look at Frosthaven. Very impressed by the 3D terrain that Isaac brought along with him.

Good thoughts on Marvel Champs. The problem I have with it is it's just too mechanically similar to other FFG games, namely the Lord of the Rings LCG, Arkham Horror LCG, and even a little bit Heroes of Terrinoth/Warrhammer ACG (both now more or less dead). I feel like I can only have one of these at a time and I only just got into the Lord of the Rings one, which is brilliant coop and solo and has much deeper deck construction.

Great episode as always. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got the LotR LCG on steam, looking forward to trying it there. I just need more deck construction me thinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
I recently got the LotR LCG on steam, looking forward to trying it there. I just need more deck construction me thinks.
Cool. Be warned that the Steam version is more like an "inspired by" version of the physical card game. Very much adapted for the medium but still features plenty of deck building and many of the core mechanics. And I say warned because once you decide you want to try the physical game, your wallet is in for no end of punishment! Best new to me game of 2019 by a long shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: I completed the 2019 challenge to play 10 games 10 times eachMicrobadge: I love symmetryMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Tea drinker
Very late to the party, but I wanted to make a remark about Palm Island:
With the two decks in the box you're actually meant to play cooperatively! There's a whole extra mode with goals and threatening catastrophes to defeat with two.
The interaction between the two players is not particularly strong (you both do your round and then pay resources together to advance these cards), but it's just a great quick game to play anywhere you don't have a table, solo or with two.

Is 20$ maybe for the waterproof version with plastic cards?
I ask because the German version by KOSMOS is 7€ -- and at that price I don't think you can complain about what you get. (Of course, Kosmos probably prints on a whole different scale than the original publisher did.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Moak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the way the modules work in Taverns is that you need to include all the previous modules when playing with a module. So, if you play with module 4, you also need 1, 2, and 3. Even less variability than as discussed (only 5 variations). So far, I am enjoying this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls