Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Commodore 64 fan
Oof. Metal coins? Gold foil? This game is going to be expensive!
Quote:
now has a victory point track incorporated for easier scoring.
Quote:
a brand new Expert Tailors Expansion
Hard to pass up, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wyka
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love to pimp my own games!Microbadge: The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe.Microbadge: I accepted the Net Zero ChallengeMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Coffee drinker
If I already had the expansion, I wouldn't even consider this. But as this seems to be the only way to pick up Jewelry Box now... Looks like I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cardboard Klatch MemberMicrobadge: Chicago Blackhawks fanMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: University of ConnecticutMicrobadge: University of Rhode Island
joewyka wrote:
If I already had the expansion, I wouldn't even consider this. But as this seems to be the only way to pick up Jewelry Box now... Looks like I'm in.
Jewelry Box doesn't add much to the game. In fact, I think the rules overhead to additional fun factor ratio is quite poor. I owned it for almost two years and only played with it once. Whenever the game came out, I had to try to figure out the expansion rules on the fly and always gave up and just played the base game with great enjoyment.

But, I sold my copy when the prices skyrocketed, so I'll probably be all in for this version. I only sold the game because the base+expansion was fetching close to $200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well prices are plummeting on the original version. I have seen 8 listings in the Geek Market since the Deluxe Edition was announced last night. I snagged a copy with the Fancy Dresses promo and resin yarn and lace components for $48 + shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2020 Miniature Painters Guild Challenge participantMicrobadge: My cat drank paint waterMicrobadge: I'm a solo player, got that?Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Flower child
thejadeape wrote:
Well prices are plummeting on the original version. I have seen 8 listings in the Geek Market since the Deluxe Edition was announced last night. I snagged a copy with the Fancy Dresses promo and resin yarn and lace components for $48 + shipping.
Not enough, I need replacement cards (I wore mine out) and I know I have to buy the whole game... but the prices are still pretty high for me. I'm hoping for better once the preorder opens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wren08 wrote:
thejadeape wrote:
Not enough, I need replacement cards (I wore mine out) and I know I have to buy the whole game... but the prices are still pretty high for me. I'm hoping for better once the preorder opens.
I hear you. I thought the same thing, but the game never was very inexpensive, has very few flaws in appearance or function and the deluxe edition is going to be prohibitively expensive for many.

Anyway, that’s my two cents, but I am wrong all of the time about things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2020 Miniature Painters Guild Challenge participantMicrobadge: My cat drank paint waterMicrobadge: I'm a solo player, got that?Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Flower child
thejadeape wrote:
wren08 wrote:
thejadeape wrote:
I hear you. I thought the same thing, but the game never was very inexpensive, has very few flaws in appearance or function and the deluxe edition is going to be prohibitively expensive for many.

I'll get lucky eventually.

For now, I need to save up so I can get the deluxe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Welcome to the Dreamlands
Microbadge: Kanban: Automotive Revolution fanMicrobadge: INVISIBLE CAT PLAYING INVISIBLE AGRICOLAZMicrobadge: Limited access to the Geek for a whileMicrobadge: This place intentionally left blank.Microbadge: On Mars fan
wren08 wrote:
thejadeape wrote:
wren08 wrote:
thejadeape wrote:

If I were in the States I'd sell you my copy, but it would not include the expansion, as I have promised it elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Welcome to the Dreamlands
Microbadge: Kanban: Automotive Revolution fanMicrobadge: INVISIBLE CAT PLAYING INVISIBLE AGRICOLAZMicrobadge: Limited access to the Geek for a whileMicrobadge: This place intentionally left blank.Microbadge: On Mars fan
thejadeape wrote:
It was announced a while ago. When it first was 40+ copies hit the market.laugh

I agree with Evan, I played with JB and did not love it as much as I had hoped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BGG.CON attendee
It would be nice if some of the expenses saved from Kickstarter would be passed along to the customers that were going to be pledging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
ParisPink wrote:
wren08 wrote:
thejadeape wrote:
wren08 wrote:
thejadeape wrote:

If I were in the States I'd sell you my copy, but it would not include the expansion, as I have promised it elsewhere.
You are such a sweetie I don't need the expansion, just the cards... I had the sense to sleeve everything once I started playing with JB and realized how much wear my base game cards already had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marin Diez
Spain
Hospitalet
Catalonia
flag msg tools
How much will shipping to Spain cost? Will Maldito Games distribute it?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Williams
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Manhattan Project - FanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: I Covet More Dark Stone!Microbadge: Dungeon Petz fan - The poop speaks for itself!Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fan
What sort of actions and commitment will be made to ensure this game doesn't suffer from the many quality control oversights which plagued the remake of Age of Steam? I love Rococo, but my faith in EGG's ability to deliver (or fix their wrongs) is on thin ice. How involved will the designers be in checking all game materials and is EGG willing to commit to a money back guarantee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Edo fanMicrobadge: Rococo fanMicrobadge: Altiplano fanMicrobadge: Valparaíso fanMicrobadge: Tungaru fan
We as designers are involved in all design decisions. We work with the editor on perfecting the rulebook, create the German rulebook, and will keep an eye on all final components!

Best regards
Stefan Malz

[Co-Author of Rococo]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
Microbadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: I'm a Black Orchestra fan!Microbadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fan
NingaubleOTSE wrote:
Wow! That cover is absolutely stunning.
It's really good, but I kind of wish there was a tile pattern on the floor....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Denby
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
And I'll form the Head!
Microbadge: Kurt Vonnegut fanMicrobadge: My head is exploding with too many game ideas!Microbadge: I'm an artist!Microbadge: Designer of Too Many Untested PrototypesMicrobadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
Tcaalaw wrote:
NingaubleOTSE wrote:
Not me, I love the use of negative space here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cardboard Klatch MemberMicrobadge: Chicago Blackhawks fanMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: University of ConnecticutMicrobadge: University of Rhode Island
Tcaalaw wrote:
NingaubleOTSE wrote:
My guess is that they probably tried this in a previous iteration, but it clashed with the windows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vernardos
Greece
Piraeus
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love my Gamer SpouseMicrobadge: I train my kid to become an eurogamerMicrobadge: I sneak board games into the houseMicrobadge: I put components in separate Ziploc bagsMicrobadge: I love Escape Rooms!
The KS price for Escape Plan and On Mars was 79$ and 89$ respectively. The first is a heavy box and the latter it is said that is too. If that is the price range for the preorder I believe that many people would consider buying it. Keep in mind that the previous version costs at least 50 euros if I am not mistaken. So the difference between the 2 versions would be 20 -30 euros give or take. BUT if the preorder price would reach the MSRP that EGG has for the games then we are talking in a different basis.
Me for example I consider spending for preorder around 80$ for this version but for 120 of 130 I won't.
I believe that they will keep their strategy they follow during KS campaigns and offer a lower price for preorder than the MSRP they will have when the game comes in retail.
Less than a month to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Minor League Baseball fanMicrobadge: Saitama Seibu Lions fanMicrobadge: Lake Elsinore Storm fanMicrobadge: San Diego Padres fanMicrobadge: Amarillo Sod Poodles fan
Even $80 is a touch high unless the do something really specia with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vernardos
Greece
Piraeus
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love my Gamer SpouseMicrobadge: I train my kid to become an eurogamerMicrobadge: I sneak board games into the houseMicrobadge: I put components in separate Ziploc bagsMicrobadge: I love Escape Rooms!
clearush wrote:
Even $80 is a touch high unless the do something really specia with it.
I totally agree. But considering the Lacerda games of EGG and if of course someone can afford the expense, they absolutely worth to have them . (And I am always talking about the price range of the KS campaigns not the MSRP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: What, me worry?Microbadge: Time travelerMicrobadge: "I'd buy that for a dollar!"Microbadge: Andy Kaufman fanMicrobadge: Film Buff
So glad this is not happening at the same time as the Kanban KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi everybody,

First: Awesome news! Looking forward a lot!

Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:
Yraghore wrote:
Will there be an European distributor?
It will be fulfilled through our normal KS fulfillment centers.
one question: Can you please, please, please make sure that the games are packed properly? It is always so annoying when the game box arrives bumped, cause the fulfilment center used either super thin packaging or no proper bubble wrap and corner/edge protection or both... had a few boxes arriving damaged from KS campaigns from various publishers. And the damage could've been avoided through proper packaging in almost all cases. :-/

Thank you and thanks for making it available for Europeans and not only US :-)

Katharina
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Macao fanMicrobadge: El Grande fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: FCM: first pizza producedMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fan
poldi wrote:
Hi everybody,

Yraghore wrote:
one question: Can you please, please, please make sure that the games are packed properly? It is always so annoying when the game box arrives bumped, cause the fulfilment center used either super thin packaging or no proper bubble wrap and corner/edge protection or both... had a few boxes arriving damaged from KS campaigns from various publishers. And the damage could've been avoided through proper packaging in almost all cases. :-/

Katharina
At least in Canada the EGG games are always well packed by the distributor (BGB), I backed all the Lacerda games and none have been damaged during shipment. Not sure of the track record of their European distributors though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
Microbadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: Lisboa fanMicrobadge: Kanban: Automotive Revolution fanMicrobadge: The Gallerist fanMicrobadge: Vital Lacerda fan
zkoehler wrote:
Is that Tailor’s Expansion included or in addition to the pre-order?
Both. There will be a version with it included along with the queen figurine and additional Festivity Dresses and a version without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevver More
Sweden
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I backed Kingdom Death: Monster on KickstarterMicrobadge: WFRP - Tzeentch fanMicrobadge: Necromunda fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
katanan wrote:
poldi wrote:
Hi everybody,

Yraghore wrote:

Katharina
At least in Canada the EGG games are always well packed by the distributor (BGB), I backed all the Lacerda games and none have been damaged during shipment. Not sure of the track record of their European distributors though.
I backed Escape Plan w/ added The Gallerist and the packaging was excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |