Subject: Rococo Deluxe - Worldwide PreOrder to Open January 22nd! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ana
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Supporter of Board Games: Now Blind Accessible KS
We will be able to pre-order everything from our local stores(Deluxe+Expert Tailors+ Queen figurine+ additional Festivities Dresses+Coins). Specifically, I'm talking boardgamebliss here which fulfills EGG KS in Canada. Or to get all the 'extras', does it need to be direct from EGG's site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vernardos
Greece
Piraeus
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love my Gamer SpouseMicrobadge: I train my kid to become an eurogamerMicrobadge: I sneak board games into the houseMicrobadge: I put components in separate Ziploc bagsMicrobadge: I love Escape Rooms!
Nevvermore wrote:
katanan wrote:
poldi wrote:
Hi everybody,

First: Awesome news! Looking forward a lot!

Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:
Yraghore wrote:
Will there be an European distributor?
It will be fulfilled through our normal KS fulfillment centers.
one question: Can you please, please, please make sure that the games are packed properly? It is always so annoying when the game box arrives bumped, cause the fulfilment center used either super thin packaging or no proper bubble wrap and corner/edge protection or both... had a few boxes arriving damaged from KS campaigns from various publishers. And the damage could've been avoided through proper packaging in almost all cases. :-/

Thank you and thanks for making it available for Europeans and not only US :-)

Katharina
At least in Canada the EGG games are always well packed by the distributor (BGB), I backed all the Lacerda games and none have been damaged during shipment. Not sure of the track record of their European distributors though.
I backed Escape Plan w/ added The Gallerist and the packaging was excellent.
I backed too the Escape Plan and added some Lacerda games ( Gallerist, Vinhos, Lisboa) and everything was excellent. Each box was separately wrapped with bubbles and the whole package arrived intact in Greece, Europe!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
Microbadge: Houston Oilers fanMicrobadge: Houston Oilers Warren Moon fanMicrobadge: Tennessee Oilers Steve 'Air' McNair fanMicrobadge: Tennessee Titans Vince Young fanMicrobadge: Tennessee Titans fan

I have no concern about the "game-quality" of this deluxe edition,
my concerns are all on Eagle-Gryphon quality control issues... by printing maps..., included component quality..., and so on...
I don't want to talk here about "Age of Steam deluxe"..., my last E-G game arrived as a "deluxe" version to a deluxe price... yuk
So we'll wait now for the replacement stickers to "correct" our deluxe version...

I have to wait on the next arriving I backed "On Mars" too, before I decide to spent any more money on a new Eagle-Gryphon game...

The clue may be not to expect to much, or not to be to much excited about, or simply to calm down your anticipation about... then, maybe then you'll be not disappointed in the end... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tavener
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.
badge
you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.
Microbadge: The Dude Abides
I sold my original copy earlier this year because of the secondhand market price. I would love to grab this deluxe version, but I fear the price point will be the same as the rest of the EGG deluxe range. I can only afford so many $100+ games, and that quota mostly goes to the EGG/Lacerda/O'Toole titles as it is. If I must choose between Rococo and Kanban this spring, I gotta stick with Kanban. Regardless, I'm excited to see this news, and I'm hopeful about grabbing this game in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Wears HatsMicrobadge: I drink while I play gamesMicrobadge: I talk trash during gamesMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
Really hope that it's not over 100, I like the game quite a bit, but not enough to justify that price.

Curious about tweaks to the base game, wonder if the 2 player play could be improved somewhat, but probably more the nature of an area control game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars FanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
My opinion...they don’t have to pay Kickstarter fees so that savings should be passed to preorders at least. Retail is a different story but preorders should have the best possible price. Then again, not my company to run and if I were them I’d try to get every nickel I could, so I guess the thing to do is just ask nicely...can you make this affordable like AOS was?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Carson City fanMicrobadge: 18xx fan
yatescory wrote:
My opinion...they don’t have to pay Kickstarter fees so that savings should be passed to preorders at least. Retail is a different story but preorders should have the best possible price. Then again, not my company to run and if I were them I’d try to get every nickel I could, so I guess the thing to do is just ask nicely...can you make this affordable like AOS was?
I’d pay an extra $10 to buy more proof reading and checking the AoS got
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shame the box is so huge for a medium-weight game.
Rococo is mainly played as a filler/side game given its quick playtime so it really benefits from having a more portable box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Microbadge: All Glory to the HypnotoadMicrobadge: Néfertiti fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: Tyrants of the Underdark fan
vanquish7 wrote:
Rococo is mainly played as a filler/side game given its quick playtime so it really benefits from having a more portable box.
Um.... I strongly disagree with this. Rococo is often the central game of an evening for us. Playtime with 5 players is EASILY 2 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Florida State UniversityMicrobadge: Raising GamersMicrobadge: Age of steam fanMicrobadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: Mensa
It's disappointing to see deluxe and deluxe+ versions of games that don't include everything and require add-ons. Further gray area to what "deluxe" means now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
Microbadge: Ginkgopolis fanMicrobadge: Azul fanMicrobadge: Micropolis fanMicrobadge: Ethnos fanMicrobadge: Santorini fan
Jareck80 wrote:
It's disappointing to see deluxe and deluxe+ versions of games that don't include everything and require add-ons. Further gray area to what "deluxe" means now.
So you’d rather be forced to buy an all-in bundle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cardboard Klatch MemberMicrobadge: Chicago Blackhawks fanMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: University of ConnecticutMicrobadge: University of Rhode Island
Jareck80 wrote:
I see where you are coming from Brian, but it's also a sad state of the hobby when add-ons are considered "required" by the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2020 Miniature Painters Guild Challenge participantMicrobadge: My cat drank paint waterMicrobadge: I'm a solo player, got that?Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Flower child
veector wrote:
vanquish7 wrote:
Um.... I strongly disagree with this. Rococo is often the central game of an evening for us. Playtime with 5 players is EASILY 2 hours.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who plays Rokoko as a central game- not a filler for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2020 Miniature Painters Guild Challenge participantMicrobadge: My cat drank paint waterMicrobadge: I'm a solo player, got that?Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Flower child
Jareck80 wrote:
I can see it. I prefer metal coins and I like them different for each game but they're heavy and expensive and not everyone likes them. I don't think they should be included and rather offered as an add-on, as here, so that the people who have poker chips or Iron Clays or whatever don't have to bear the expense of coins they neither want nor use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
Microbadge: Farscape fanMicrobadge: ZX Spectrum fanMicrobadge: The Expanse fanMicrobadge: Steam userMicrobadge: NONE SHALL PASS!!!
I agree with the coins being an add-on. It's a good decision from Eagle (hey, even they can make one from time to time!)

I don't agree with the new expansion not being included. That makes the game Deluxe Lite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plus, if the coins are add-one then those of us who don’t want the new version can get the coins for their older version.

I also see what Brian is saying about the meaning of “deluxe”, but it seems to me more options is better than a codified meaning of deluxe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Macao fanMicrobadge: El Grande fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: FCM: first pizza producedMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fan
fiomtec wrote:
I agree with the coins being an add-on. It's a good decision from Eagle (hey, even they can make one from time to time!)

I don't agree with the new expansion not being included. That makes the game Deluxe Lite.
The full expansion from the original edition is included, plus many small promo expansions.

Do you mean the "Expert Tailors" tiles? It looks like they are included as a pre-order promo.

Quote:
2) A new expansion called Expert Tailoring that the Designers have developed – specifically for this Deluxe+ edition. It will include 6 more special tiles, which have never existed previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
Microbadge: Farscape fanMicrobadge: ZX Spectrum fanMicrobadge: The Expanse fanMicrobadge: Steam userMicrobadge: NONE SHALL PASS!!!
katanan wrote:
The full expansion from the original edition is included, plus many small promo expansions.

Do you mean the "Expert Tailors" tiles? It looks like they are included as a pre-order promo.
Yep, those.

If it's not included in preorder/retail, then it is not that Deluxe. They don't have the excuse of being something that was released later.

To me, Eagle looks more and more like those videogame companies that take things out of the game they're selling so they can sell them to you later as DLC (and also give it to you "free" if you are preordering, thus pushing this).

Not like they're the only one doing that, but if you are selling a ~$100 huge box for what was a $40 game and a $20 expansion (plus some extra content), at least have the decency to include everything up to that point in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Macao fanMicrobadge: El Grande fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: FCM: first pizza producedMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fan
fiomtec wrote:
katanan wrote:

Yep, those.

If it's not included in preorder/retail, then it is not that Deluxe. They don't have the excuse of being something that was released later.

To me, Eagle looks more and more like those videogame companies that take things out of the game they're selling so they can sell them to you later as DLC (and also give it to you "free" if you are preordering, thus pushing this).

Not like they're the only one doing that, but if you are selling a ~$100 huge box for what was a $40 game and a $20 expansion (plus some extra content), at least have the decency to include everything up to that point in it.
They said the new promo expansion is included in the pre-order (as a bonus for pre-ordering). Where did you read that it’s not included.

And all previous expansion content is included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
veector wrote:
vanquish7 wrote:
I guess it depends on your group, within medium-heavy/heavy euro circles (the main market for EGG's deluxe games) i've only seen it as being played as a side game before/after the de riguer 2-3 hr euro, or if the group has decided to mix things up and play a few 60-90 min games in succession (like Heaven & Ale, Glen More, Glass Road etc.)

Our first 4p game with two new players only took 1hr 15 mins, so i'm sure while the occasional 5p game might hit 2 hrs, its a 60-90 min game at the more usual 3-4 player count which makes it a great weeknight game or as something else to play on a game day and its a shame that EGG is seemingly oblivious to how much a portable box helps in this respect.

Nevermind the fact that even with the huge box, the deluxe edition won't include all content...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Karpowitz
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Cthulhu fanMicrobadge: WriterMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
I’m still cautious about how much this will all cost, but I have no problem with them not including coins in their Deluxe+ package. If they did include them, no doubt the comments would be filled with people complaining about being forced to purchase coins they don’t want rather than people complaining about having to add two things to their cart when preordering.

The best option would have been a third tier (deluxe+shiny?) that included literally everything, I suppose, but again, I’m sure people would have found a reason to complain about that (“But I don’t want the solo game. Why should I have to pay for it? Can’t there be a package without it?” Etc.)

Here’s hoping the deluxe+ is priced like their Kickstarter games not their retail games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
katanan wrote:
They said the new promo expansion is included in the pre-order (as a bonus for pre-ordering). Where did you read that it’s not included.

And all previous expansion content is included.
As I said, I'm talking about the retail version. IF it's not included.

Edit: and if it's a bonus for pre-ordering, then it looks like indeed it's not included in the retail version. Ergo, not that Deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
Microbadge: Carolina Panthers fanMicrobadge: Go Panthers!Microbadge: Stabbing Westward fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game fan
vanquish7 wrote:
veector wrote:
vanquish7 wrote:
I guess it depends on your group, within medium-heavy/heavy euro circles (the main market for EGG's deluxe games) i've only seen it as being played as a side game before/after the de riguer 2-3 hr euro, or if the group has decided to mix things up and play a few 60-90 min games in succession (like Heaven & Ale, Glen More, Glass Road etc.)

Our first 4p game with two new players only took 1hr 15 mins, so i'm sure while the occasional 5p game might hit 2 hrs, its a 60-90 min game at the more usual 3-4 player count which makes it a great weeknight game or as something else to play on a game day and its a shame that EGG is seemingly oblivious to how much a portable box helps in this respect.

Nevermind the fact that even with the huge box, the deluxe edition won't include all content...
Can I join your group? Games like Glen More and Glass Road are definitely not 60-90 minutes around here. And a MH/H euro is most certainly not 2-3 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Florida State UniversityMicrobadge: Raising GamersMicrobadge: Age of steam fanMicrobadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: Mensa
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Jareck80 wrote:
I see where you are coming from Brian, but it's also a sad state of the hobby when add-ons are considered "required" by the community.
I agree Evan. To clarify my position, I have no problem with games having add-ons sold separately. I just feel like there should be <Game> or <Game> Deluxe. In the deluxe, you get all the bells and whistles. In the normal game, you buy the extras as you desire. If it's a new edition, just call it 2nd edition.

If I'm not a hyper-informed consumer, and I see <Game> Deluxe, my initial thought is, "this is the souped-up version of the game," not, "well, which version on a sliding scale of deluxe am I getting?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
Apparatus wrote:
Jareck80 wrote:
So you’d rather be forced to buy an all-in bundle?
Nope, just a normal edition of the game (whatever edition de joure) that I can add to as I wish, or the "deluxe" that gives me everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |