• [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
Microbadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: I'm a Black Orchestra fan!Microbadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fan
Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:
vanquish7 wrote:
What is the expected delivery date?
November 27th, 2020.
Wow, that's eerily precise! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
Microbadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: Lisboa fanMicrobadge: Kanban: Automotive Revolution fanMicrobadge: The Gallerist fanMicrobadge: Vital Lacerda fan
Rococo: Deluxe Edition will be available via our worldwide Pre-Order Campaign starting January 22nd and running through March 13th. This Deluxe Edition will include all previously released expansions & promos and feature all new art by Ian O’Toole.

We are offering Rococo: Deluxe Edition to you for $95 during this Pre-Order Campaign. The Deluxe Edition will include a larger and beautifully redesigned game board; custom polyresin Lace and Thread miniatures; gold foil stamped wooden player markers; and velveteen bags for Garments, Resources and Jewelry tokens.

In addition to all of the previously released content (including the Jewelry Box expansion, Festivities Dresses expansion & Fancy Dresses promos) we are also including an all new solo expansion entitled 'Madame Du Barry' featuring 25 Monsieur Tailleur cards.

We are also offering a Rococo: Deluxe+ Edition which will include everything above plus a brand new Expert Tailors expansion; an enhanced polyresin Queen figurine to replace the Queen’s Favor card; and a limited edition set of 32 Festivities Dresses featuring unique and vintage dress designs from eight European and Asian countries. Rococo: Deluxe+ Edition will be available for $110.

Finally, a set of 50 Baroque era-inspired metal coins (in 4 denominations and sizes) will be available as an add on for $15.

Our estimated delivery date for Rococo: Deluxe Edition is November 27th, 2020.

From gallery of Eagle_Gryphon_Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Karpowitz
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Cthulhu fanMicrobadge: WriterMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participant
Gorgeous. Pricy, once shipping is added, but gorgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Sharma
Canada
flag msg tools
Can you speak to the differences in content between the pre-order and their respective retail versions? Specifically, what are the benefits of pre-ordering outside of receiving the game earlier than retail?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: My Game CollectionMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
Too big and too expensive. The game didn't need a bigger board or a bigger box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
België
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Club Brugge fanMicrobadge: Belgian Beer loverMicrobadge: Castles of Burgundy fanMicrobadge: Bordspelmania.eu user
I'm a bit disappointed about deluxe and then deluxe + edition ... they keep pushing up the price. So if you want it all with the coins and shipping , brrrrr

Anyways, I was about to jump in with a similar price then the other big box games but now it's an easy pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Banjo pickerMicrobadge: Trajan FanMicrobadge: I'm a Concordia Smith!Microbadge: Madeira fanMicrobadge: I play with red!
Rococo has been one of my favourite game for years but I dont think I'll be upgrading. The new edition looks gorgeous but will be much more bother to transport (box size) and fit into available space (footprint). Then you have the added care / worry over a super expensive game being played in a cafe / public space.

I'd have happily bought a new edition that wasn't deluxified and enlarged in size and given my old copy away. Sadly I think I'll have to pass on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It would be nice to get a picture of the entire board as well. I still haven’t seen how the scoreboard is integrated.

Honestly, this is only out of curiosity anyway. I am experiencing giant, $100, Ian O’Toole fatigue.

While this is not aimed at me I know many people will enjoy this edition. I am very thankful that the announcement caused a run on cheaper originals and I have gotten to purchase and play this one 4 times now.

I am also thankful that there will be metal coins available. All of the other metal coins are either the wrong style or denomination. A set of metal coins appropriate to the game for only $15 will be a boon to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Sztain
United States
Van Nuys
CA
flag msg tools
After Pre-Orders, will the game be available through normal distribution (IE, I can buy it from my local store) or will it only be available directly from Eagle Gryphon? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Minor League Baseball fanMicrobadge: Saitama Seibu Lions fanMicrobadge: Lake Elsinore Storm fanMicrobadge: San Diego Padres fanMicrobadge: Amarillo Sod Poodles fan
To bad it's overpriced for what it is. Wish there was a retail version with carboard bits at a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudine Finlay
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
He's eating a Dungeon Lord imp...
Microbadge: Peanuts fanMicrobadge: Forces others to play boardgamesMicrobadge: You've been CakedMicrobadge: It's wireless!Microbadge: The theme is strong with this one
My original edition is looking better each day. This new edition is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but super expensive. I just wish I could get the jewelry expansion. Oh well, I still have a really great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King fanMicrobadge: Maracaibo fanMicrobadge: Great Western Trail fan Microbadge: Mombasa fanMicrobadge: Broom Service fan
Looking like I'll be in the same situation, staying with the regular edition. Too expensive (for me) to justify an upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ribnik
msg tools
The new edition looks great. I'm excited to see the pictures of the whole board when the pre-order opens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Wears HatsMicrobadge: I drink while I play gamesMicrobadge: I talk trash during gamesMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
Yeah, this is bitter sweet for me, and I'm regretting selling my old copy now. I never imagined this would cost over $100. It's absolutely stunning, but this is overkill. Rococo is a great game, but it never hit the table enough since it's not great with 2. I won't be rebuying a bigger box that costs twice as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 08 BGG poster
Looking forward to the new release...and the resultant availability of the original game at good prices in the used market!! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Fleur De Lys
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Silver Board Game Collector
This publisher’s pricing seems to be based off of sustainability for it’s brand based off of the types of games they decide to publish.

These games might be wonderful, but they’re niche.

So for those of us that both enjoy these games and can afford to support the talented artisans behind them, this is the price of admission.

In absence of sustainability, we get games that go out of print and can no longer be supported by the original designers and publishers.

The other option is lower quality productions that aren’t likely to sell enough extra units at a lower price to keep these brands in business.

Is it worth the financial risk to a niche publisher to produce base and deluxe versions? I don’t know.

Could they do a P500 or Kickstarter for a base version in order to mitigate the risk? Yes, but would that reduce the sale of the higher margin deluxe versions that actually keep the publisher in business?

None of these decisions are easy. It’s a delicate balancing act.

Likewise, as a consumer, investing in these deluxe editions is also not the easiest decision. I want to buy Escape Plan and Lisboa, but I’m not sold on the idea that either game is worth $100+ to me. I already own Rococo so I’ll probably purchase this upgraded edition because of the included expansions and upgraded components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I love high heels.Microbadge: Kamikaze gamer - if I can't win, I'll take you down with me! BANZAI!!!Microbadge: Kingdom Death fan - Flower KnightMicrobadge: Resident Evil fanMicrobadge: Graphic Designer
Sorry if I missed this. Is this EU/VAT friendly for international orders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WorkWithMorgan wrote:
This publisher’s pricing seems to be based off of sustainability for it’s brand based off of the types of games they decide to publish.

These games might be wonderful, but they’re niche.

So for those of us that both enjoy these games and can afford to support the talented artisans behind them, this is the price of admission.

In absence of sustainability, we get games that go out of print and can no longer be supported by the original designers and publishers.

The other option is lower quality productions that aren’t likely to sell enough extra units at a lower price to keep these brands in business.

Is it worth the financial risk to a niche publisher to produce base and deluxe versions? I don’t know.

Could they do a P500 or Kickstarter for a base version in order to mitigate the risk? Yes, but would that reduce the sale of the higher margin deluxe versions that actually keep the publisher in business?

None of these decisions are easy. It’s a delicate balancing act.

Likewise, as a consumer, investing in these deluxe editions is also not the easiest decision. I want to buy Escape Plan and Lisboa, but I’m not sold on the idea that either game is worth $100+ to me. I already own Rococo so I’ll probably purchase this upgraded edition because of the included expansions and upgraded components.
It’s an interesting model. They are basic selling boutique board games. There is definitely a market for it. It is a logical next step for board games since it is happening in all sorts of consumer goods. And like all of those other goods it can feel, to me, kind of gross and unnecessarily elitist.

As I said above, it doesn’t stop me from procuring a much cheaper and almost equally beautiful edition of Rococo. What really sucks is that I may never play Escape Plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Helbig
msg tools
Microbadge: Economic Games fan - Money never sleeps, palMicrobadge: Worker placement fanMicrobadge: Sci Fi Games fanMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Level 01 BGG poster
Yeah. There is definitely a market for such games!
I am buying them! I had never a chance to get my own copy of it. And I like the production value a lot.
No metalcoins for me, cause I don't like them.
But yes to all of the rest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alton
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Le Havre fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: mmmm... SandwichesMicrobadge: Innovation fan
I appreciate the quality of components EGG produces, but not the overall size of the production. Especially for mid-weight games like Escape Plan and Rococo. I want to be able to bring these to work or to a friend's house to play, and not have to consider whether they have the table space to contain it.

I'd still own Escape Plan if it had been 2/3 the size and physical weight.

Since there are two SKUs here, any chance of making the deluxe edition smaller and a little cheaper? That still leaves room for the deluxe++ edition to be Lacerda sized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Banjo pickerMicrobadge: Trajan FanMicrobadge: I'm a Concordia Smith!Microbadge: Madeira fanMicrobadge: I play with red!
Perogie wrote:
I appreciate the quality of components EGG produces, but not the overall size of the production. Especially for mid-weight games like Escape Plan and Rococo. I want to be able to bring these to work or to a friend's house to play, and not have to consider whether they have the table space to contain it.

I'd still own Escape Plan if it had been 2/3 the size and physical weight.

Since there are two SKUs here, any chance of making the deluxe edition smaller and a little cheaper? That still leaves room for the deluxe++ edition to be Lacerda sized.
Yes I mind this less for the longer heavier Lacerda’s as they are event games that I’d usually arrange in advance as the main focus of a session. Rococo (which I like probably even more than most of Lacerda’s games) is a game I often add to my bag as a good choice for an open session. I might sometimes discuss playing it in advance but it isn’t going to be the only game played that day.

I think Kickstarter taught me that giant box versions of good medium weight euros just mean those games get played much less often despite all the extra and it deluxe components. I recently sold on my copy of Snowdonia for this reason despite playing it once (at home) and really enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
Microbadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: Lisboa fanMicrobadge: Kanban: Automotive Revolution fanMicrobadge: The Gallerist fanMicrobadge: Vital Lacerda fan
Perogie wrote:
Since there are two SKUs here, any chance of making the deluxe edition smaller and a little cheaper?
Sorry to report, no chance. There are lot of factors that go into the size of the box and a lot of elements of a game that then relate to that size. To have 2n box sizes would require 2 different boards, 2 different inserts, 2 different sets of punchboard, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Sharma
Canada
flag msg tools
Will both Deluxe and Deluxe+ versions be available in retail later?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAD SCHUBERT
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: War of the Ring Collector's Edition fanMicrobadge: Soylent Green is meeple!Microbadge: Historical games fanMicrobadge: Wargamer of 30+ yearsMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
Loved what they did with Lacerda's games. Production is top notch. Very excited for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] |