Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, David, Mike and Brian: D and I had played before (2er game only), the others were new.

After my 2er game, I had thought a 4er game might be more interesting: Neptune would spend more time in people's territories, so there'd be less die movement and move tile/building sinking going on! In this game, unfortunately, I don't think we made good use of Neptune. D got sunk a few times early on, but used the Neptune chip to run around and pick everything up again. B had an opportunity to sink me while I was carrying a LOT of treasure, but chose not to in order to keep Neptune away from himself (he was carrying much less). M hardly moved Neptune at all. I took the lead after escaping from B, and everyone tried going after me for a while. M took advantage, and jumped into the lead - he'd collected all but the 5 treasure. But I had allowed Neptune into my territory, and it was clean. Everyone was working to score treasures themselves, so no one hindered me by raising the buildings I needed. I was able to raise them myself and end the game by collecting all 11 treasures.

I thought the game was OK. Everyone else hated it. It did drag a long time. But again, I think that was because of poor use of Neptune. We should have been sinking streets, moving the game along towards the end. Will have to play with a more experienced group before deciding how much I like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.