28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rococo: Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Not included in Deluxe... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Otero
msg tools
Per recent news update, the deluxe version apparently will not come with the deluxe metals coins or expansion that is sold separately. I feel as though this games failure to include these “add ons” makes this a poor “deluxe version”. The game should come with them and have special inserts in the box to include them like all recently released deluxe versions. I hope they fix this and include the coins and expansion in the “deluxe version before preorders open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want, you can use the Lisboa coins which are already available for purchase. They're usable for multiple games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh...good to know. Getting the expansion included was the only reason I was considering rebuying this deluxified version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolau Tudela
Portugal
Porto
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drackson wrote:
Per recent news update, the deluxe version apparently will not come with the deluxe metals coins or expansion that is sold separately. I feel as though this games failure to include these “add ons” makes this a poor “deluxe version”. The game should come with them and have special inserts in the box to include them like all recently released deluxe versions. I hope they fix this and include the coins and expansion in the “deluxe version before preorders open.
What recent news, can you link the source?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Davis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If I remember correctly metal coins for lisboa was an add-on so them not adding coins is their, and most companies way of doing things. The new expansion seems like it should be added added though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Davis
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: I Attended Dice Tower Con!
petegrey wrote:
Huh...good to know. Getting the expansion included was the only reason I was considering rebuying this deluxified version.
I agree. I think not including the expansion is a misstep.

I can understand not including metal coins. Personally, I am a fan of them but not everyone is such a fan. So, now, those who want metal coins can grab some from wherever at a price that they’re happy with.

But, back to the expansion, I just come to expect it to be included with a reprinted “deluxe” version. And at the price point of what EagleGryphon will likely sell the game at (I haven’t seen it yet), I’m sure it will be high enough that will make it all the more odd that the expansion was excluded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Drackson wrote:

Here is a more detail on what we are including in the Deluxe Edition of Rococo:

1) Ian O'Toole is doing some beautiful work for this Deluxe version -- this will truly be a very deluxe edition filled with excellent art. You have already seen the new box cover. In addition, we will be ready to show you the game board and the rules and the components very soon. The basic Deluxe Game will include the full game from the prior Eggertspiele edition; PLUS the Jewelry Box Expansion; PLUS the Fancy Dress expansion; PLUS one of the Festivities Dresses expansions (see #4 below); PLUS the new Solo game expansion, Madame du Barry.

2) The box will be much bigger and so will the board. The box is the same size as our Vital Lacerda game boxes (approx. 15.5" by 12.5" by 3"); and the board is 910mm by 500mm -- both are much larger than before and they are being beautifully drawn by Ian O’Toole in a more representative Rococo/Baroque style than the prior edition -- with greater functionality built in as well.

3) The design team has come up with a wonderful solo-play version called Madame du Barry, named after Louis XV’s mistress. Our play testers have really enjoyed playing this addition! This version will add 25 more cards, a few tokens and a small rulebook the the Deluxe Game.

4) We are also adding Festivities Dresses that are pertinent to each of our print partners' countries. Each backer will get a Festivities dress punchboard unique to their language version of the game. These "Festivities" gowns and waistcoats are meant to simulate what they might have looked like for a couple from each country, attending a fancy dress ball between 1750-1800. In addition, for the Deluxe+ (Limited) Edition, we will make available all of the different countries’ Festivity Dress tiles in a “bundle” (for a total of 4+28 such tiles to pre-order backers only!)

5) We are turning the small cardboard tiles representing the thread and silk into poly-resin 3D pieces -- much nicer than the old game's cardboard tiles.

6) We will be producing & including a life-sized gold-colored, metal thimble that will represent a first player marker -- rather than the old cardboard piece.

7) Our player boards will be larger and they will hold player pieces and include a rack to hold resources that will be hidden from the other players.

8) All of the materials used -- the cardboard for the box; the board, & the punchboard tiles will be thicker than the prior version and all these and other components (rules, aids, cards, inserts, etc) will use the higher production quality materials the games industry has come to associate with our productions of the Vital Lacerda games.

ALL of the above features, etc. will be incorporated into the "basic" Deluxe version of this game.

In addition to all of the above basic Deluxe game improvements, we will be offering the following three items as part of the Deluxe+ (Limited) Edition which will only be available to those that pre-order this Edition:

1) A Queen's Favor figurine -- this will be a poly-resin figurine about 30-35mm tall and multi-colored -- very striking actually -- and it will sit on top of the tile which still be used to denote the Queen's Favor

2) A new expansion called Expert Tailoring that the Designers have developed – specifically for this Deluxe+ edition. It will include 6 more special tiles, which have never existed previously.

3) Festivity dresses for all countries, as described above. The 4-tile set of your country's festivities dresses is included in your country's version of the game. We will include in the Deluxe+ box for all buyers the Festivities dresses for all the other countries as well.

The metal coins (50 of them) will be a Baroque-inspired Design and will be available only as an Add-On item as they would increase too greatly the MSRPs of the Deluxe and Deluxe+ versions.

More detailed info and prices will soon be released about Rococo Deluxe and Deluxe+. The crowd-funded pre-order period for this great game will start January 22 and go until mid-March.

Rick, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
Lots of stuff.

Very cool Rick! Thanks for the break down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolau Tudela
Portugal
Porto
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:

Here is more detail on what we are including in the Deluxe Edition of Rococo

Thanks for the breakdown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Otero
msg tools
Nardran wrote:
Drackson wrote:
What recent news, can you link the source?

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/98535/big-boxes-inbound-r...
- the upgrades announce above seem nice, I still have the hardest time accepting that even the “deluxe plus” does not include the coins. I do however appreciate the update regarding what is included in the new edition. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat FR
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:

2) The box will be much bigger and so will the board. The box is the same size as our Vital Lacerda
The reason I am passing. I have all the Vital ones to date but this can't go on. I am already considering if I wouldn't rather the space that Escape Plan takes up. This isn't a thing to add on a list of plusses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
www.Eagle-Gryphon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Drackson wrote:
...I still have the hardest time accepting that even the “deluxe plus” does not include the coins. I do however appreciate the update regarding what is included in the new edition.
That would require everyone who wants Rococo Deluxe to pay for the coins as well. We think it is much more suitable to provide the option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Davis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
For you. It is neither a plus or a minus for me. I have a spot on top of my shelf for the bigger boxes games. But every game takes up space and when you no longer play the game or like the game then it is taking up shelf space. Sorry it doesn't fit for you but that is their decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Setagaya
Tokyo
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
Ouuu...my eye...Whatever you seek, you shan’t find it by pawing me!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for keeping the metal coins optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Collet
Sweden
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I support Heavy Cardboard on Patreon!Microbadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fanMicrobadge: Det var bättre förr!Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Splotter fan
Optional coins is great. A lot of us will play with clay chips anyway and wouldn’t like to pay for metal coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen
Chile
La Serena
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Jugando con Ketty fanMicrobadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
So awesome 💕
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy that the coins aren't included. Frankly, I have a lot of coin sets, including the Eagle Gryphon coins that look perfect for this game (they have crowns on them). Not to mention all the other sets I have... I'm less than eager to pay for one more.

Now the lack of the expansion is unfortunate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use poker chips for all my money, so I'm happy the coins are separate (I wouldn't mind all money for games being separate, they just take up room in a big box I keep in my closet of "wasteful board game money pieces.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
nom nom nom
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear the metal coins will be a separate add-on. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't really like using metal coins when gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O D
Germany
flag msg tools
100% support for separate metal coins. There are Iron Clays and many other possible upgrades, so having the metal coins optional is very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O D
Germany
flag msg tools
ricks wrote:
[q="Drackson"]

1) Ian O'Toole is doing some beautiful work for this Deluxe version --

Good!

Quote:
... they are being beautifully drawn by Ian O’Toole in a more representative Rococo/Baroque style than the prior edition -- with greater functionality built in as well.
Michael Menzel's board is very nice and functional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Zimmerman
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle_Gryphon_Games wrote:
Drackson wrote:
...I still have the hardest time accepting that even the “deluxe plus” does not include the coins. I do however appreciate the update regarding what is included in the new edition.
That would require everyone who wants Rococo Deluxe to pay for the coins as well. We think it is much more suitable to provide the option.
Actually...only Rococo++ :-P If someone is in for the ++ they are going to want the coins too! That is the whole reason they are buying the extras IMHO. But whatever...glad I can get them either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bartels
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. Thank you for making everything available for those who want it. I'm definitely in when the pre-order launches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z Koehler
msg tools
$95 for deluxe game plus shipping
$15 for coins
$15 for the extra dresses and expansion

$125 plus s/h

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Nehwon
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zkoehler wrote:
$95 for deluxe game plus shipping
$15 for coins
$15 for the extra dresses and expansion

$125 plus s/h
Yeah. Looks like the only thing we consumers gain by this not going to KS is to have to pay an extra $15 for the "extras dresses" that would likely have been included as a KS incentive. Ah well ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |