Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Pax Pamir (Second Edition)» Forums » News

Subject: Pax Pamir Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I sent an e-mail to wehrlegig about the state of a reprint for the Pax Pamir second edition and drew kindly responded with this gem

Quote:
Happy New Year to you! We are all sold out, but later this year we'll have another printing. We are going to launch pre-orders for a 2nd printing of Pax Pamir on KS alongside John Company this spring. We're hoping for March for the launch but we don't have a finalized date set yet. We estimate a late summer arrival to backers. Sign up for the newsletter or follow us on social media to learn when pre-orders go live.

Thanks for your interest and I hope we have your support then.

Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Herreras
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
NO QUEDAN PINGÜINOZ
mbmbmbmbmb
gunshai wrote:
I sent an e-mail to wehrlegig about the state of a reprint for the Pax Pamir second edition and drew kindly responded with this gem

Quote:
Happy New Year to you! We are all sold out, but later this year we'll have another printing. We are going to launch pre-orders for a 2nd printing of Pax Pamir on KS alongside John Company this spring. We're hoping for March for the launch but we don't have a finalized date set yet. We estimate a late summer arrival to backers. Sign up for the newsletter or follow us on social media to learn when pre-orders go live.

Drew
So is it a straight reprint of Pax Pamir 2nd (preorder through Wehrlegig?) happening at the same time as a new edition of John Company being kickstarted? or is John Company being reprinted with no new edition (probably not as there would be no need of involving KS and it would be difficult to do so, but just to be sure...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know is John Company getting a second edition, like Pax Pamir got.
So there will be a KS for John Company 2.0 and a straight reprint of Pax Pamir 2.0 alongside the KS. Maybe as a single pledge, maybe as an add-on.
Because Drew said "pre-order" it should be the website, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation is that there will be a kickstarter where the focus is on a new edition of John Company. And there will also be a tier/option to preorder a copy of Pax Pamir from its next print run, or you'll be able to purchase it using Backerkit / their website.

This would let them combine the effort of collecting preorders and handling kickstarter/backerkit stuff, while they're already spending time and attention on that sort of things. It'll also bring some bonus attention to John Company from people who show up to buy PP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Herreras
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
NO QUEDAN PINGÜINOZ
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditocoaf wrote:
My interpretation is that there will be a kickstarter where the focus is on a new edition of John Company. And there will also be a tier/option to preorder a copy of Pax Pamir from its next print run, or you'll be able to purchase it using Backerkit / their website.

This would let them combine the effort of collecting preorders and handling kickstarter/backerkit stuff, while they're already spending time and attention on that sort of things. It'll also bring some bonus attention to John Company from people who show up to buy PP.
Yes, that’s my understanding too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is there any information if the metal coins get remade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Mendoza
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would suggest contacting Drew to ask that the metal coins be included.

Great news about the prospective PP reprint. Fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan West
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Root fan
amajugar wrote:
I would suggest contacting Drew to ask that the metal coins be included.

Great news about the prospective PP reprint. Fingers crossed.
I believe they've stated outright that if they do a Pax Pamir 2E reprint, they'll definitely also print more coins. At the time they were only "probably" going to do a reprint, but it sounds like that's now officially the plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all this stuff going through KS....can't understand it. Seems like a cash grab to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Samurai fan
GWNG8 wrote:
all this stuff going through KS....can't understand it. Seems like a cash grab to me.
If by "cash grab" you mean "selling games for money," then yes. They're a small publisher selling premium niche games. Seems like the perfect use of Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro Mendoza
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Completely agree with Chris H. In the case of Wehrlegig, it's the tiniest of publishers (just the two Wehrle brothers) doing a labor of love (i.e., evenings and weekends) to give fans of their games the best possible product.

I highly recommend this extended interview with Cole Wehrle on the subject of Pax Pamir and many others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8-XD1H930

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gunshai wrote:

Quote:

Drew
First...I bought Pax Pamir on a whim...someone here recommended it to me...I watched the video...bought it...and it's really close to my favorite game (I still love FCM). I'm hesitant to buy other Pax games because I think they might be similar (I'm always looking for variety in the games I have). Anyone here think the Pax games are similar and wondering if anyone thinks I would like John Company if I liked PP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooper519 wrote:
First...I bought Pax Pamir on a whim...someone here recommended it to me...I watched the video...bought it...and it's really close to my favorite game (I still love FCM). I'm hesitant to buy other Pax games because I think they might be similar (I'm always looking for variety in the games I have). Anyone here think the Pax games are similar and wondering if anyone thinks I would like John Company if I liked PP.
Whereas, since the other Pax games are not by Cole Wehrle, I'm hesitant to buy them because I think they might not be similar enough. 😉

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Herreras
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
NO QUEDAN PINGÜINOZ
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooper519 wrote:
gunshai wrote:

Quote:

Drew
Pax Pamir 2nd is the only game from Cole Wehrle I have consistently played so far (about 7 plays, and it's becoming my favorite game); I've only played Root once, with the bare understanding of rules and the marquise faction. It felt promising but nowhere as thrilling and intriguing as PP2 for me.
However, I purchased John Company in the secondary market (long before learning it is getting a reboot), and I made my own custom print-and-play version of An Infamous Traffic, as I think those 2 games, and most especially JC, will provoke the same feeling of awe at the sheer ingenuity and mastery by which I feel actual history is modelled and crafted in a game like PP2.
So yes, I think you'll enjoy JC if you like PP2, despite not having played JC myself (but I have started sifting the rules and I have seen several gameplays). I am currently studying Bios Genesis to play it soon, and very likely JC is going next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls