Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has proven considerably better than the initial reports that emerged from the Gathering. Our group has taken a shine to it, and it has certainly earned a place in my collection. The report that follows is based on notes taken by David Atwood.

David, Spouey, Willerd and Jim struck out into the Lost Valley in search of gold and wealth. Spouey and Dave took the left fork from the base camp, quickly discovering four mountains and two “mine” triangles. All of these tiles were adjacent, forming a wealthy mountain range, ripe for exploiting. Spouey and Jim spent the next four turns jockeying for position and mining the mountains.

Dave and Willerd headed to the right. Willerd concentrated on fishing, cutting timber and mining, all the while completely free of interference from his opponents. Dave struck out towards the top of the map, establishing a fish trap and constructing a canal into a rich vein. He proceeded to methodically collect the newly discovered gold.

Spouey and Jim continued to mine the mountain range to the west of the trading post. Willerd depleted the resources in the first mountain, so moved on to an adjacent peak to search for more gold.

David continued to press north, scooping up easy river gold. He eventually discovered a “mother lode” in the mountains.

Spouey had acquired some dynamite, and used it to mine the western mountains. Jim pressed northward, claim-jumping the mother lode that Dave had discovered.

Once the ice flow began, everyone began scrambling to finish mining the mines in order to increase their horde of gold. In the end, Jim proved the wealthiest and captured the victory.

Finals: Jim 34, Willerd 29, Dave 25, Spouey 24

Ratings: Jim 8, Willerd 7, Dave 7, Spouey 6.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.