Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheila & James Davis introduced me to this futuristic race game when they visited the Bungalow back in April. Although chaotic, I found the game to be fast and fun. Many in my group are partial to race games, so I knew it would likely prove reasonably popular. I was fortunate to receive a copy shortly after our first playing, so was anxious to give it another try.

The first time around, Sheila explained the rules and helped guide us along. Sadly, Sheila doesn’t come packaged with the game, as the rules aren’t the best. Most of the game flows along fairly well, but on occasion a situation arises that isn’t dealt with in the rules. I understand Sheila has compiled a more thorough set of rules, but so far it hasn’t been posted online. I’ll have to contact her for a copy.

For a more detailed description of the game, please see my April 21, 2004 report on the Boardgame Geek.

Our race was very close and filled with carnage. The lead changed hands often, with the leader usually being confronted with a flurry of obstacles and balance checks. We did have numerous racers tumble on the final turn, causing the end-game to drag a bit. This is one area where I need some clarification and will be writing to the designer. In the end, Jim managed to outlast everyone and speed ahead of Spouey, capturing the win by one space.

Ratings: R.J. 6.5, everyone else 6

One especially noteworthy exchange occurred during the game. John Moore, who is a renowned expert at bemoaning his position, only to come back and win, was trailing in the race. After being hit by an obstacle, he exclaimed, “I’m not winning the game!” To this, Jim responded, “And this time he’s not lying!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.