Recommend
34 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Adventure of D (second edition)» Forums » News

Subject: Happy 10th Anniversary to Adventure of D! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
January 30th, 2020 on Kickstarter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adventure of D (AoD) was released in January 2010, this means this month AoD turns 10! There’s nothing better to celebrate this event than starting a Kickstarter project for Adventure of D (second edition) / AoD2 this month. Yes!!!



I have tried my best to improve AoD2 to make it a better game: quicker, less fat, and tighter.

Quicker: downtime (waiting time until it’s your turn again) is reduced by about 29%.
Less fat: I removed many unnecessary small rules and exceptions, and reduced the rules from 3 sheets to 2 sheets, making the game easier to learn and play.
Tighter: I changed some clunky mechanics & strengthened the existing mechanics.

I tried to read all the feedback in the last ten years then revisited each and every card, making many changes, but still keeping the basics that makes this game unique and interesting. I am proud with the result, and I hope you will enjoy defeating Elzoof, once again

Here’s Tom Vasel AoD review ten years ago:


"... a good solid system, and if the production value was higher, I can see it as one of the top fantasy game of the year, easily!"

AoD2 will be on Kickstarter on January 30th, 2020. See you there!
Next post: the major changes.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Ball
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
This is amazing news! Thank you for all your hard work and perseverance.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
January 30th, 2020 on Kickstarter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
timisaverage wrote:
This is amazing news! Thank you for all your hard work and perseverance.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Thank you for the patience and the support
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
Playing games
badge
Kilroy was here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY! Just had to say that. I’ve been waiting for this since I first saw a review of it several years ago.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
Microbadge: Video Game ArtistMicrobadge: Obsidian Entertainment fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Silence! I kill you!Microbadge: Get off my lawn!
I owned the original many years ago. Not sure what happened to it but looking forward to a nice revamped 2nd edition. Will be following!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzy Vitale
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
When empty, please refill with tea.
Avatar
Microbadge: #TeamTreesMicrobadge: Bob Ross - "Happy Little Trees"Microbadge: Hiking fanMicrobadge: I love trees!Microbadge: I am fascinated by age-old trees
Fantastic news!! I can't wait to back this on day one!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll jump on that as long as shipping is'nt too expensive
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Giusti
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very excited about this Kickstarter!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted a copy for the longest time and no one wants to part with theirs. Very excited for the Kickstarter.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Stonemaier ChampionMicrobadge: Tainted Grail fanMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Time of Legends: Joan of Arc
Looks interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didn't know this was a possibility, thanks for keeping it alive with this revamp.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great! I’m in!

It may be worth having the rules and any other text checked by a native English speaker (or failing that an American ) to polish out any minor typos or grammar issues.

For example

"When you go travel south, somehow you will emerge on the north! Meanwhile, he sends his Shadows to terorize our land.”

Could be reworded to say:

“When you travel south, somehow you will emerge at the north! Meanwhile he sends his Shadows to terrorise our land.”

(English and American English spellings of terrorise/terrorize differ - take your pick).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
Playing games
badge
Kilroy was here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
...It may be worth having the rules and any other text checked by a native English speaker (or failing that an American ) to polish out any minor typos or grammar issues.
...
laughlaughthumbsup
Maybe go somewhere in between and have a Canadian check it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We're the porridge that was juuuust right
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a while since I've gotten excited about any game. I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to the kickstarter. I request that the game be thoroughly proof checked at least 3 times over before going to the presses so that it is mistake free. It seems too common place for errors to make it print.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
January 30th, 2020 on Kickstarter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, absolutely. We will do that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domi Mooser
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So cool! Had this on my wishlist since I first heard Rahdo talk about it as a really nice little game that is sadly not available anymore 😄
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's about damn time I get a copy of this~
Miss it last time
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Australia
Terrey Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Will you be including an option to buy the Dungeon of D game as an addon in this upcoming campaign? Or should I go ahead and print and play?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
January 30th, 2020 on Kickstarter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slim17 wrote:
Will you be including an option to buy the Dungeon of D game as an addon in this upcoming campaign? Or should I go ahead and print and play?
Sorry, but there's no option for DoD in this KS.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, Jack, at this point in time, is this game solo-able?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: I love Europe!Microbadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Zooarchaeologist - I study animal remains from past human societies.
nickbolton wrote:
This is great! I’m in!

It may be worth having the rules and any other text checked by a native English speaker (or failing that an American ) to polish out any minor typos or grammar issues.

For example

"When you go travel south, somehow you will emerge on the north! Meanwhile, he sends his Shadows to terorize our land.”

Could be reworded to say:

“When you travel south, somehow you will emerge at the north! Meanwhile he sends his Shadows to terrorise our land.”

(English and American English spellings of terrorise/terrorize differ - take your pick).
I'd be happy to help with this, if you want, and have a little experience doing so for other games.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
January 30th, 2020 on Kickstarter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jupiter999 wrote:
By the way, Jack, at this point in time, is this game solo-able?
Yes of course
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwid
Indonesia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
January 30th, 2020 on Kickstarter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
nickbolton wrote:
This is great! I’m in!

It may be worth having the rules and any other text checked by a native English speaker (or failing that an American ) to polish out any minor typos or grammar issues.

For example

"When you go travel south, somehow you will emerge on the north! Meanwhile, he sends his Shadows to terorize our land.”

Could be reworded to say:

“When you travel south, somehow you will emerge at the north! Meanwhile he sends his Shadows to terrorise our land.”

(English and American English spellings of terrorise/terrorize differ - take your pick).
I'd be happy to help with this, if you want, and have a little experience doing so for other games.
Noted. Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls