Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Basa
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all,

Just e-mailed Mark Simonitch to compliment him on Ukraine '43 and Ardennes '44. I asked him if there was any chance of a Hannibal reprint. His reply:

"I'm trying to get the rights back from Wizard of the Coast. Once I do that, there is a good chance."

Sounds encouraging...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:A glimmer of hope for a reprint...
bonkee3000 (#45217),

I would definately be on board for a reprint of this one. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on We the People as well.

Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint McElroy
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
bonkee3000 (#45217),

Any update on this chance of a reprint, now that it's a few months later? I'm awful close to breaking down and shelling out big $ for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chilly willy (#61953),

I shelled out big $ for this, although less than others that I have seen, and have not regretted it for a second. Fine, fine game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien G.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reprint would be great! I just can't believe I passed on this gem when it came out cry

Any news on a possible reprint? Anyone? Any contact we can lobby? meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien G.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked Mark Simonitch if he'd had any luck in getting the rights of the game back from Wizards of the Coast. I think that WOTC is not going to reprint it, so it would be our only hope. I got his answer this morning:

"Julien,
I heard from Wizards of the Coast a couple of weeks ago. No, they will not
release the rights back to me. I doubt they have plans to reprint it, I think
they just don't want to give away anymore of their resources.

Sorry for the bad news. I heard the game is now going for $200 on ebay!!!
That is way too high.
--Mark"

Too bad cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So let me get this straight-They won't release the rights but have no current plans of reprinting it. Am I missing something in the logic of that??

Any current news on the reprint-soap-opera?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Hidalgo wrote:
So let me get this straight-They won't release the rights but have no current plans of reprinting it. Am I missing something in the logic of that??

The logic: They don't feel they'd profit enough from printing it to warrent doing so. Releasing the rights to the game increases competition for entertainment dollars, which cuts into potential profits so they won't do that either. There's no risk in just holding the rights, so that's what they do.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
The logic: They don't feel they'd profit enough from printing it to warrent doing so. Releasing the rights to the game increases competition for entertainment dollars, which cuts into potential profits so they won't do that either. There's no risk in just holding the rights, so that's what they do.

This brings up an interesting issue--more with patents, but it appies somewhat to copyrights as well. When you allow legal protection for something that is publicly sold (eg car, toaster, song, game), this allows the owner to profit from their work. When that owner subsequently refuses to produce for consumption a manifestation of that legal protection, there should be some form of legal "quid pro quo". For exmaple, if you refuse to produce a game for a year, you are no longer entitled to its copyright.

Obviously this is exaggerated, but it's something that should be addressed. Say I invent a cure for AIDS and patent it. Then I refuse to produce the drug or sell licenses for others to produce it. You better bet your ass the patent laws would change overnight.

- ekted

http://ekted.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.